Lance Armstrong...Tearing down our heroes

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 06:47 pm
Is anyone as bothered about this as I am? I have followed his career from the start. My youngest son was a "roadie" and consequently anything to do with competitive road cycling my husband and I were and are junkies. I can't believe that this man (who battled and survived testicular cancer, which had spread to his abdomen, lungs and brain) used the same performance enhancing drugs that would have potentiated an exacerbation of his cancer. My heart is broken over this! I can't tell you how many times we watched his 7 TDF victories and rejoiced that he overcame and triumphed! Literally screaming in front of the TV. That he showed the world what a cancer survivor is capable of! I want to believe that he has been the victim of a witch hunt. They can strip him of his Yellow Jersey but not the wins!

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 09:04 am
@carolgreen145,
there is sound forensic evidence contrary to your assertions. Sorry.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 04:53 pm
@carolgreen145,

It certainly is very surprising, and will be most upsetting for many sports followers, especially his fellow countrymen.

The US anti-doping authorities are to be congratulated for making a most forthright statement, after a thorough investigation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 05:33 pm
@carolgreen145,
Carol Carol Carol

you've got to stop ripping other posters/threads/forums off

http://civilwartalk.com/threads/lance-armstrong-tearing-down-our-heroes.75618/
33export

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 06:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Here's more on Lance in the Chicago Tribune.
Looks as though he wasn't content to just using them himself. Or, was he trying to spread the guilt?
0 Replies