Philosophy of law ????????

Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 09:43 am
@MoralPhilosopher23,
MoralPhilosopher23 wrote:

The action of driving while intoxicated, in itself, is dangerous because it puts individuals in harms way if the intoxicated driver loses control which is a good possibility. Therefore to prevent harm, there should be a simple rule: No driving while intoxicated.

"Potential to cause harm laws" are bad. There is always a potential to cause harm with anything and everything. So should we make everything a crime?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 10:07 am
@Krumple,
What a dolt!
0 Replies

TimeTravel

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:28 pm
@MoralPhilosopher23,
Moral why do you assume capital punishment is limited to humans. An ant knows enough to rip any egg stealing or killing ant to shreds; capital punishment. If a honey bee attacks the queen, is not capital punishment instantly applied. If a male rat bites a baby rat does not the mother rat initiate instant capital punishment? 100 million years ago, you were a scaled rat. When will you stop acting like one?
0 Replies

TimeTravel

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:33 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple did you just defend drunk driving. My friend is dead, because of a drunk driver. The problem is that these laws are not nearly harsh enough. They should result in having your car seized. Then they should cane your feet until you cannot walk. In a Democracy, we will have laws, and generally they are milder than if you are in Russia under Ivan the Terrible. Take your choice. Plane tickets are cheap.
Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:24 pm
@TimeTravel ,
TimeTravel wrote:

Krumple did you just defend drunk driving. My friend is dead, because of a drunk driver. The problem is that these laws are not nearly harsh enough. They should result in having your car seized. Then they should cane your feet until you cannot walk. In a Democracy, we will have laws, and generally they are milder than if you are in Russia under Ivan the Terrible. Take your choice. Plane tickets are cheap.

See this is the problem with morons. They can't read a simple paragraph without making strawmen positions and attack them. I said nothing that defends those who drink and drive AND harm someone. If you drink and drive and harm absolutely no one. Why should that be a crime when you haven't harmed anyone? People say because you have the "potential" to harm someone. Okay well if that is the case then EVERYONE has the "potential" to harm someone at any time. Therefore the law should be consistent and everyone should be guilty of "potentially causing harm."

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:28 pm
@Krumple,
It's you who doesn't understand the reasons for DUI laws. Drinking results in poor motor skills; which can kill. It's called "prevention." Something you'll never understand.

Almost all laws are implement to reduce crime.

0 Replies

TimeTravel

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 04:06 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple, again, crumple it up, and start over. Your brand of abnormal psychology is popular at keg parties with D students and they say things like " the cops suck. " You obviously have not taken physics, statistics, statics, or any civil engineering classes, that would remotely possibly enable you to make accurate intelligent assumptions or conclusions on preventing death and injury in automobiles. You missed all the great debates over changing Department of Transportation attitudes and theories to prevent deaths in collisions with solid bridge supports and guard rails, involving drunks and just common idiots. I was an engineering student, I passed statistics, and I have done first aid at accidents with people with the shell of their face hanging off like a poorly attached bloody mask. Go to some Mothers Against Drunk Driving meetings. You are way off the bell curve, out in left field, with a juvenile attitude. Absolutely nobody should be drinking alcohol and operating a boat, car, bike, plane, or ATV. Why do I bother, you already know that EVERY government on Earth agrees with me, and they all alienate you for your unpopular opinion which everyone knows is insane. No government allows drunks to drive.
Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:29 pm
@TimeTravel ,
TimeTravel wrote:

Krumple, again, crumple it up, and start over. Your brand of abnormal psychology is popular at keg parties with D students and they say things like " the cops suck. " You obviously have not taken physics, statistics, statics, or any civil engineering classes, that would remotely possibly enable you to make accurate intelligent assumptions or conclusions on preventing death and injury in automobiles. You missed all the great debates over changing Department of Transportation attitudes and theories to prevent deaths in collisions with solid bridge supports and guard rails, involving drunks and just common idiots. I was an engineering student, I passed statistics, and I have done first aid at accidents with people with the shell of their face hanging off like a poorly attached bloody mask. Go to some Mothers Against Drunk Driving meetings. You are way off the bell curve, out in left field, with a juvenile attitude. Absolutely nobody should be drinking alcohol and operating a boat, car, bike, plane, or ATV. Why do I bother, you already know that EVERY government on Earth agrees with me, and they all alienate you for your unpopular opinion which everyone knows is insane. No government allows drunks to drive.

Well a person like you who likes to use emotional arguments over logical ones, I can understand that you would rather force a person into a situation over fear, or intimidation or sympathy. Emotional reactions to accidents means nothing. I am talking about the logic.

If a person drinks and then drives and then harms someone. They should be punish.

If a person drinks and then drives and does not harm someone. They should NOT be punished.

Punishing people from "potentially causing harm" is inconsistent with the laws and morally wrong. But once again you can't seem to understand as simple paragraph. So all your education has failed you.
TimeTravel

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:46 pm
@Krumple,
Read this: All Federal, State, District, Provincial, County, and City governments on the ENTIRE planet Earth already heard abnormal psychology on this topic, and made drunk driving illegal. Do not be mad at the messenger. Be angry at the entire World, and go pound your head against a wall.
Krumple

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 08:09 pm
@TimeTravel ,
TimeTravel wrote:

Read this: All Federal, State, District, Provincial, County, and City governments on the ENTIRE planet Earth already heard abnormal psychology on this topic, and made drunk driving illegal. Do not be mad at the messenger. Be angry at the entire World, and go pound your head against a wall.

Yeah and there are how many christians who actually believe a god is real? Yes a huge number of people can and are wrong. Doesn't mean the law is consistent nor logical even if a huge majority think it is rational.
0 Replies

imans

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 12:44 am
laws are out of knowing some principles being the reason of objective constant value, so laws are created to take advantage of that knowledge by making fancies about having some control on objective realities as if u done any or as if u gonna get any constant thing positivity for real

it became such cheap ridicule to keep meaning creating new law after such obvious vulgar disgusting murder of right

the murder of absolute right is the image of truth being noone, so noone can mean being supported by while everyone run to take advantage from being one then pretention as possible missing fact that would stay constant for a long while

when truth is never anyone nor one, then truth value is infinite fact essentially and endlessly objective rights, so existence is about to consider truth value objectively too so individually since only at the individual level truth as free fact can b real constant

one day u and ur gods are gonna b fucked for daring imposing the most disgusting **** on everything rights and ones rights in the name of truth inferiority to take advantage from **** u from daring keeping meaning that truth value is inferior since noone **** u always more

Krumple

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:54 pm
@imans,
imans wrote:

laws are out of knowing some principles being the reason of objective constant value, so laws are created to take advantage of that knowledge by making fancies about having some control on objective realities as if u done any or as if u gonna get any constant thing positivity for real

it became such cheap ridicule to keep meaning creating new law after such obvious vulgar disgusting murder of right

the murder of absolute right is the image of truth being noone, so noone can mean being supported by while everyone run to take advantage from being one then pretention as possible missing fact that would stay constant for a long while

when truth is never anyone nor one, then truth value is infinite fact essentially and endlessly objective rights, so existence is about to consider truth value objectively too so individually since only at the individual level truth as free fact can b real constant

one day u and ur gods are gonna b fucked for daring imposing the most disgusting **** on everything rights and ones rights in the name of truth inferiority to take advantage from **** u from daring keeping meaning that truth value is inferior since noone **** u always more

Was this in english? Or am I having a stroke?
imans

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 09:08 am
@Krumple,
it is different expression then usual, kind of introducing futur language to come, a language that can englobe all for each free mean or will
humans obviously are responsable to represent objective rights constantly while existence is about infinite freedom superiority realisations and moves
so humans basically cant live of their bodies only nor by, that was for animals which are never existing but only possessed by gods ways of life
0 Replies