don't know name of movie

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 10:38 pm
trying to find title of a movie in the early 90's with a character called raw head and only could be stop by a woman.

contrex

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 03:15 am
Sounds like the 1986 British/Irish film "Rawhead Rex" ("Rex" is Latin for "king" so the title means "Rawhead the king")

Quote:
Accompanied by his wife and two children, Howard Hallenbeck (David Dukes) travels to Ireland to research items of religious significance for a book he is writing. He leaves his family at a motel and goes to a rural church to photograph some graves. Meanwhile, three farmers are attempting to remove an ominous stone column from a field. Two of the farmers decide it can't be moved and head home. The remaining farmer prepares to leave as well. A thunderstorm appears out of nowhere, and smoke pours from the ground around the column. Lightning strikes the column, knocking it and the farmer down. The monster Rawhead Rex rises from the dirt, no longer buried by the column. When he is resurrected, a woman is suddenly burnt when she touches a vase on an altar at the church Howard is visiting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawhead_Rex_%28film%29

denver3

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:08 am
@contrex,
Hey . can you help me. I just seen a movie by Disney it starts with a zooming in on mars a voice says but the name is not mars it is barzue, and a city called zoodanga and a city called heli. ann actor called john carter is playing the lead roll . then we are in new york city in 1881 in a cave a priest materialize and is shot , in his hand a device is glowing , john carter takes the device and is teleported too mars. do you have the name of the movie. greets gert j denmark
denver3

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:10 am
@denver3,
i have only seen half the movie it iiis good. therefore i must have the name of the movie
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:19 am
@denver3,
The name of the movie is _John Carter_
contrex

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 10:31 am
The actor is not called John Carter.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 10:38 am
@contrex,
I suspect some kindhearted online movie spammer will correct that particular poster with a link, poor grammar post, and a smile.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 11:19 am
I believe Mars is called Barsoom. Edgar Rice Burroughs and his son wrote about a dozen novels about John Carter of Mars. Carter was a veteran of the Confederate States Army, from Virginia, who is mysteriously transported to Mars. Burroughs wrote a good deal of pulp fiction, and the John Carter/Barsoom series was his most popular in his lifetime, although today, Tarzan is the best remembered of his characters. He only began to write in his late 30s, but by the time of his death in his seventies, he had written more than sixty novels (several of them completely by his son and posthumously published).
ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 12:26 pm
@Setanta,
I didn't know any of that, Set, thanks for that post.
denver3

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:04 pm
@rosborne979,
Many thanks ; fore the reply , I havent used my english since i stopped sailing , due to an accident many years ago.. i will try to write correct english,in future requuest to the forum , your faithfully gert jorgensen.DK
0 Replies

denver3

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Are there any of you : Who have seen a movie. Where in a hole in the sand dunes, there is a bee queen that transform into a beautiful woman, there is a man in the hole to . and then a pair of bees sit on the edge of the hole looking at the skies. Ii only remember this glimpse of the movie. Another film where i only remember this.A man is falling on a iron grid and one drop of his blood is falling down into a super computer down below him. I believe the computer is submerged in liquid. I have remembered these pieces of movie fore many years , i would very much like to see these movies in there full . greets gert j dk
rosborne979

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:34 pm
@denver3,
Are these English language films or a different language?
denver3

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:25 pm
@rosborne979,
Hey : And thanks fore the reply , great forum you have here. , Yes they are english film . at least 10 years since i saw what i remember of the movies.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:53 pm
@denver3,
denver3 wrote:

Hey : And thanks fore the reply , great forum you have here. , Yes they are english film . at least 10 years since i saw what i remember of the movies.

They sound like interesting films, but I don't know what they are. Were they black and white or color? Could they be episodes of Outer Limits or something like that instead of feature length films?
denver3

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 07:15 pm
@rosborne979,
They were in color: And they felt to me like normal movies , but could be series.. To bad i cant remember anything more. greets Gj denmark
0 Replies