picasso

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 03:08 pm
I have inherited a picasso, i think a lithograph, of a bullfight in black and white. It is an extension of sign in german stating that it was at a certain gallery in 1984. I have emailed pictures to all the famous auction house and have not heard back in 4 weeks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,478 • Replies: 7
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:15 pm
@gruccivx,
and the reason you posted here was?
gruccivx

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:01 pm
@farmerman,
I thought I was letting someone know that I was going through the same thing.
My picasso is a black and white bullfight, signed, measures 22" x 34" long. The top part is the picture and the bottom half is in German. It was folded in half and framed. I think the bottom states that it was at an auction house in Germany in 1984
Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:02 pm
@farmerman,
My guess is some sort of abstract reasoning. Drunk
gruccivx

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:08 pm
@Ragman,
why don't you read my last post?
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:22 pm
@gruccivx,
you should post a picture with the signature detail and the edition number and any other thing. Picasso was , like Dali, fond of letting anyone produce hackneyed work and he would sign (or even worse, his wife would sign) the edition "in the print margin" but not "in the stone". Then some litho house would run an ungodly number of the prints as lithos and Picasso had NOTHING to do with em. He was famous for this in his many series of bulfighters and for his "Don Quixote" prints.

Picasso was not above a little larceny and was living off his name at the end. He also did a whole batch of ceramics where he painted a few and had workmen come in and decorate tens of turned pieces.

Dali was worse though. He just signed hundreds of blank sheets and had no idea what was printed on em. cause he was totally senile
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:31 pm
@gruccivx,
I'm busy painting now.
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 05:28 pm
@Ragman,
two coats Ill wager
0 Replies