They’re 18 for Gods sake

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 05:34 pm
Sexual banter is not sex, and should not be treated as sex. Pictures of the human body are not sex, and should not be treated as sex. I condemn all efforts to criminalize erotic free speech. The fact that speech is used by criminals entice victims does not rationalize the speech being outlawed, no more than does the fact that criminals use guns justify criminalizing guns.

Civilized people do not criminalize multi use tools as they go after the uses that they dont like, they criminalize the bad acts.

America, sadly, ain't what it used to be.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 05:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
How is that paragraph relevant?
roger

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 05:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

The people who mentioned that she broke the law as it now stands and is getting justice are correct.

In my opinion, that is unfortunate.

I'm pretty much going to agree. If both student and teacher are 18 or older, they could and probably should be subject to school policy and regulation. Both being adults, this is indeed unfortunate.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 05:44 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

How is that paragraph relevant?

Quote:
If it really is just texting, the teacher should at least be fired.

on first page from maxdancona
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 05:45 pm
@roger,
So the teacher can give him a grade?

I'd like to hear from more teachers about this.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 05:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, Father McNulty, I absolutely have to pass this class..

Oh, Kathleen, you have such a secure grasp of the poetry we have talked about. You are a delightful girl.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Oh, Father McNulty, I absolutely have to pass this class..

If that was the concern then the law should be about teachers and their students, not all school employees with any student. Even better would be if the state had to prove that sex was traded by the student for something or that force was used by the school employee. Our "justice" system is big on making assumptions that go against the citizens.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
You still didn't tell me when.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
It matters if she is his ******* teacher.

What about that is hard to understand?

So...she may have taught him something.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
What is that about? you don't like the word *******?

I use it all the ******* time myself. I am not talking about a word...I am talking about an attitude.

But you know that.

You used to be nicer.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:32 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
That slut called Brittni Chelps or whatever is a disgrace to her profession. She deserves every minute of her sentence.

How very noble of you. You must be a very virtuous person to be that judgmental of the woman.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
American has almost always been puritanical when it comes to sex. America ought to grow up in that department.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
When what?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm quite sure I haven't been nicey for a lot of years.
I could be described as nice when I mean it. But then I just mean it.

Did you just run into me disagreeing with you?

I probably put up with you more back in the old 5000 posts about being agnostic days.

I didn't count them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You're not kidding, are you?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 07:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Liking sex doesn't mean you get to do your students.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 02:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
That slut called Brittni Chelps or whatever is a disgrace to her profession. She deserves every minute of her sentence.

How very noble of you. You must be a very virtuous person to be that judgmental of the woman.

I should have added that the remark quoted was made by my mother-in-law (a retired teacher) and echoed by my sister (a college lecturer) and my wife's friend (a teacher) this last person added that the teacher and the kids should all have had STD tests. They all said she should not have entered the profession.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 02:56 am
@contrex,
Quote:
They all said she should not have entered the profession.

those in the teaching profession have rarely been willing to make stand for sexual freedom, or any freedom really. These are the same people who have historically often been chaste dictators of their domain. I think I will look elsewhere for my moral guidance tyvm.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 03:00 am
@contrex,
Quote:
I should have added that the remark quoted was made by my mother-in-law (a retired teacher) and echoed by my sister (a college lecturer) and my wife's friend (a teacher) this last person added that the teacher and the kids should all have had STD tests. They all said she should not have entered the profession.

You must all be very virtuous.

Nice to know there are folk like you around.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 03:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You must all be very virtuous.

what am I, chopped liver? I stood next to a priest once.

oh, wait.........................
0 Replies