Harvey Weinstein: Git, ya varmint.

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 04:19 pm
Harvey Weinstein likely was influenced by the old ways of taking sexual liberties in return for allowing women to act in movies. That's not something I just read, but it could be so. At any rate, we don't need people like him enjoying prestige and money and acting that way behind the scenes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 954 • Replies: 14
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 08:12 pm
Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades

NY Times headline
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 09:37 pm
I read a list of films from his company and could just pick out two I have seen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2017 05:10 am
I noticed that Hillary Clinton is properly outraged by this sexual predator.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:34 pm
Headline: Clinton: We made a person who committed sexual assault president
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2017 04:55 pm
Andy Borowitz

Weinstein Scandal Sends Chill Through Remaining Fifty Thousand Scumbags in Hollywood
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 12:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Let's update this sucker!
Harvey Weinstein Said to Be Indicted in Los Angeles on Sex Crimes Charges
Quote:
Prosecutors in Los Angeles have brought an indictment against the producer Harvey Weinstein, charging him with sex crimes, even as his trial on similar charges began in New York City, according to two people with knowledge of the matter.

The new indictment was unsealed in Los Angeles on Monday, just hours after Mr. Weinstein, who recently had back surgery, hobbled into a Manhattan courtroom with a walker for the start of his rape trial.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2020 02:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
If they don't lock him away they ought to be themselves locked away.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 10:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates
Quote:
The jury on Monday in the rape trial of Harvey Weinstein has sent a note to Justice James A. Burke saying it has reached a verdict.

Verdict TBA soon.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 10:50 am
@tsarstepan,
Guilty. They found him guilty.

Harvey Weinstein Guilty: Jury Convicts Him of Rape, Criminal Sexual Act
Quote:
A jury of 12 men and women has convicted former movie mogul Harvey Weinstein guilty on two of the five potential criminal charges he faced in his New York County trial.

Weinstein has been convicted of criminal sexual assault in the first degree, based on the testimony of former Project Runway production assistant Miriam Haley, and rape in the third degree, based on the testimony of one-time aspiring actress Jessica Mann.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 11:44 am
It didn't go far enough, but at least he doesn't walk.
engineer

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 01:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
He also faces charges in California.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 02:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes the man is an asshole however repeat however the women who he is suppose to had rape went on to have long terms relationships with the man for their own benefits after the so call rapes.

To me women are not children an have the right to enter into sexual or other relationships for their own benefits what they should not have is a right to cry rape after years of being in a mutual beneficial an consensual relationship.

Kind of similar to it Bill Gate wife would charge him with rape as on their first date ten years before she feel pressure to go to bed with the owner of the company she work for.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 02:45 pm
He obviously was a serial rapist and should die in prison.
BillRM

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

He obviously was a serial rapist and should die in prison.

It is my understanding he was not convict of using force or threat of force to bed those women.

Maybe I wrong an he did used force or threat of force to have sex with those women an they did not have years of consensual relationships with the man after the 'rapes'.

Yes indeed pressuring women to have sex is wrong an a low life behavior instead of whining and dining them but to call it rape under the color of law is opening one hell of a can of worms for all men up to a man such as Bill Gates who got involved with a woman who was a middle manager in the company he own.

My bet is that Gates lawyers was holding their breathes all during the courtship period.
0 Replies