best gift for mom

julzz

Sat 18 Aug, 2012 09:35 am
so, my mom has been mad at me and well her b-day is this week. and i want to give her the best gift ever. so, any ideas? (please let it be homemade or cheap just a regular 14-year old who has no savings over here) anyway thank you! 9if you help me)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,390 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed

jcboy

Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:23 am
@julzz,
Do you know how to cook? maybe you could make her dinner and clean up the kitchen afterwards? That would be a nice birthday gift.
0 Replies

nextone

Sat 18 Aug, 2012 03:01 pm
@julzz,
Hi Julzz,
Does your mother have a legitimate reason to be mad at you? Did you do something you knew would get her angry, upset with you? I think the words, "I'm sorry......" when you really are sorry, are as good a gift as a true, "I love you." And at odds with her or not, I believe you love her. I hope you can share some good talk with your mom. Could help both of you feel better.
julzz

Sun 19 Aug, 2012 05:01 am
@nextone,
well it's kind of school-related and well about my grades.. haha
nextone

Sun 19 Aug, 2012 06:50 am
@julzz,
Well, you know what the problem is, and what is affecting your school work. Have you been doing the best work that you can, or have you been giving less than best effort?

You said that you're 14. Are you in 9th grade in your first year at a new school? You may need to give yourself time to adjust to the new situation. If you are having trouble with one subject, speak to the teacher for some extra help, and let your mother know that you are working to do better. Hope things work out for you.
Linkat

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 09:35 am
@nextone,
And if you decide to do anything of these things, let your mom know that. Mom, I've thought alot about what you told me and I've decided that I will talk with my teacher to get extra help for example.

Bake her a cake for her birthday - she'd love it. I know I would. Make a poster or small scrap book of pictures of you and her together from infant to 14 year old. And if you are creative write a poem in it or find a special poem that would mean something between the two of you online and print it out. You could do this in a handmade card or within a scrap book or poster.
0 Replies

Mark Per

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 12:59 am
@julzz,
Hello Community,

A gift made by a child is the best gift that any mom may want or ask for. While gifts can be bought, putting the time and effort into actually making a gift can have much more meaning than an item from a store. Think not only of store-bought birthday gifts for Mom, but also personalized gifts, such as gift baskets and photo albums, or homemade gifts like baked goods. You can get the entire family involved in her gift by having each member of the family, write her a special poem or letter of gratitude, or pitch in to get her a housecleaning service.

Spa Gifts: Mom deserves a little pampering, so giving her a spa gift is one of the best birthday gifts. You can get mom a gift certificate to a local spa for a massage, facial or a manicure and pedicure. You can also get her a spa gift basket that includes items such as bubble bath, bath salts, a loofah, bath robe, slippers, body wash, lotion and a manicure or pedicure set. Another idea for creating a spa gift is to include items like scented candles and a bottle of champagne.

Photo Gifts: Some of the best birthday gifts for Mom are photo gifts. These may involve having the family get professional photos taken at a portrait studio, putting old family photographs in a photo album or scrapbook, or getting her a personalized photo gift like an engraved picture frame or photo keepsake box. Whatever you choose, it's a good idea to have a mix of old and new family and pet photos.

Practical Gifts: Practical gifts are great for birthdays because they are things mom might want or need, but would typically refrain from buying for herself. These might include a purse or handbag, wallet, luggage, briefcase or laptop case, makeup bag, cell phone, MP3 player, GPS navigation system or a personal organizer. When choosing a practical gift for your Mom, think both of items she owns that need an upgrade, like trading in her paper organizer for a cell phone with electronic organizer capabilities, or items she has been wanting for a long time, but couldn't afford, like a designer handbag.

Best Regards,
Mark Per
0 Replies

devacharya

Mon 22 Apr, 2013 04:49 am
@julzz,
you can give jewelry, flowers, perfumes or any personalized gifts to your lovable mom..
0 Replies