1

Francis S. LEKE, painter

Todh

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 04:48 am
Does anyone have any info on 'Francis Leke', born in 1912 in Staffordshire and based in Suffolk or Sussex, painter of watercolour seascapes/marinescapes

Franny

1  
Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 05:13 am
@Todh,
Hi Todh
We were very lucky to know Francis Leke for many years, seeing him regularly in London and visited him once in Sussex. What a lovely man and gentleman.
We have an extensive collection, not only of his seascapes and water scenes, but also some architectural pieces and some rare botanical paintings. He really had to be in the mood and have just the right specimen!
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Sincerely
Franny
Natasha Smith

1  
Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 12:40 pm
@Franny,
Dear Franny,

I'd be delighted to get in touch with you about the paintings by Francis Leke!

Can you please email me at [email protected]

Cheers,
Nat

willo

1  
Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 12:12 pm
@Franny,
Hi Franny was it Haywards Heath where you visited Stan Leke(Francis)?

Todh

1  
Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 04:59 am
@Franny,
Hello Franny
I have just come across this email and I realise that I did not acknowledge your reply. So belatedly, Thank You.
I came across Francis Leke's work in 1980 when I met Michael through Bridge. After a successful business career he had recently began to trade in antiques and collectables. He was particularly keen on antique card tables but also had an extensive collection of Leke watercolours. I was not especially in funds in those days besides which Michael was most reluctant to sell any of the Leke's preferring to hold them as an investment. Shortly afterwards I was posted abroad and lost touch with him. I have since acquired a few Leke's which I cherish more and more as I grow older but living now in France the opportunities of acquring any more are few and far between.
I honestly believe that he is one of the best if not the best watercolour painter of seascapes of his generation and I am always on the lookout for more. Apologies gain for the over-delayed reply.
All the best
W G Hedinger
Vares
France
[email protected]