• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 07:35 am
@bridesbyvanessajane,
Quote:
Airbrush makeup is makeup sprayed onto the skin using an airbrush instead of being applied with sponges, brushes, fingers, or other methods.[1] It is popular in film, theater, and sunless tanning; although systems designed for personal cosmetic use in the home are also available. Airbrush systems designed for these purpose are usually smaller and work at a lower pressures than systems used in industrial applications. The technique was first used in 1925 on actors in Ben Hur[2] and has since grown in popularity in the entertainment business.

Airbrush makeup has become more popular with the advent of high-definition video and television (HD). Traditional powder or liquid based make-up can settle and appear in pores and wrinkles and be visible on HD film. As the makeup is sprayed on, it connects with the skin as millions of droplets of formula.[2] The formula can create an even, sheer, natural appearance to the skin that, if applied properly for a natural look, can appear natural and non-heavy like traditional makeup. Airbrush makeup wears longer than traditional powder or liquid foundation, able to stay put upwards of 12–24 hours.[2] It can be used to cover five o'clock shadows for men. Airbrush makeup is also available for eye shadow, blush, eyebrows and lips and can be layered, shaded, highlighted and contoured.[2][3] Application wise, the technique is more sanitary than traditional makeup application due the artist never having to touch the skin. It's also faster, if done by a trained artist. Fantasy and special effects are able to be stenciled or created by freehand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbrush_makeup
0 Replies

KateMccoy

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2012 06:28 am
Spray makeup is the result of technology upliftment which are introduced in the stream of cosmetics and beauty treatment. The inspiration of this style of makeup has been taken from the spray color which are sprayed on sheet with the help of a brush.
0 Replies