Olympics roving parent cams..

Linkat

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:38 am
What's your thoughts on these? Have you seen them? I love the one with the gymnast's parents. It may be we got to see it because she is a local girl.

So how do you feel about them - I find them quite interesting, but then on the other hand, even though my kids aren't any where near as talented even watching they perform/compete it makes me think what I do watching them.

Here is a great article on it...
http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/olympics/articles/2012/08/02/parents_of_olympians_arent_the_only_ones_who_feel_stress_when_their_children_perform/

And do you see yourself doing these things as a spectator?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 01:41 am
@Linkat,
I was not aware that parents of competitors had signed on to be content for the XXX Olympiad to sell.

Invasive and in poor taste about sums up my opinion.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 01:33 pm
NBC's coverage of the gymnastics was terrible. Instead of showing the score board, they spent a ton of time focusing on the girls private conversations, the crying of the other team, and the faces of the parents. It was pitiful and so invasive.
Mame

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 03:20 pm
@PUNKEY,
We have three or four stations covering it - well, we have one or two, and one or two of yours, so we can switch back and forth. I don't care for NBCs coverage, either. And Linkat, everybody got to see those parents.
0 Replies