OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:05 pm
@farmerman,
U r just trying to perpetuate the perpetration of Democratic fraud.

David
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

Can you provide any evidence of it in PA? If you can't, you have no argument.

Cycloptichorn
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:13 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
My argument is that I cheer the law!!!!! HOOORRRAAAAYYYYY!!!!!

David
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:14 pm
Find the fraud, David. No one has yet been able to come up with any evidence that it exists. Even PA admitted they couldn't. You know better? How?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
my vote cancels your vote.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:16 pm
@farmerman,
I just don 't want your friends to dummy up a lot of fony votes
because u can get away with it ( like using illegal aliens ).
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:38 pm
No evidence that they have or will, David, as PA has stipulated. Your fantasy life is rich, but not real.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:46 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

If you don't have a State-issued ID, you can get a small passport that fits into your wallet. I've got one and it's very handy.

$95 for the passport and another $20 for the card, right? If I recall there is also a long form, you have to get your own photos and it takes six weeks.
engineer

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 01:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

My argument is that I cheer the law!!!!!

And yet you fail to answer the posts asking how this law is different than gun control. Very convient for someone who is all about the Constitution.
BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:02 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I'm sure you will agree that not having a record does not mean it does not occur.

Kind of similar to the tooth fairy or the Christian God there no need of any proof to enacted laws that we know will interfere with valid voters to prevent hidden voters fraud that we have faith that it is happening.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Sorry you are too bright to not know that those kinds of laws are design from the beginning to interfere with valid voters casting their votes.

We can not allow the poor to have a voice in our government if they tend not to agree with us now can we?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:15 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
My public library is well utilized.

the joy of a reasonably affluent neighbourhood

libraries are facing cut-backs all over North America - shortened hours, less staff, fewer resources
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:17 pm
@ehBeth,
True; even in one of the richest areas in the US; Santa Clara County, California.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:17 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Miller wrote:

If you don't have a State-issued ID, you can get a small passport that fits into your wallet. I've got one and it's very handy.

$95 for the passport and another $20 for the card, right? If I recall there is also a long form, you have to get your own photos and it takes six weeks.

plenty of seniors in my neighbourhood don't have a spare $20, let alone a spare $100+

neat how these alternatives involve $ and resources people don't have
Miller

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:25 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Miller wrote:

I think that's right. The card that fits your wallet will get you into Canada and Mexico. You need the other, larger pass port to go elsewhere out of the US.

The passport card is good for 10 years and then you can renew it online for another 10 years. I think its better than the State issued card.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:28 pm
@Miller,
The cost of a passport probably runs around $80 for the ten years it's good for.

Looks like "expedited service will cost $99."
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:29 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

engineer wrote:

Miller wrote:

plenty of seniors in my neighbourhood don't have a spare $20, let alone a spare $100+

neat how these alternatives involve $ and resources people don't have

We have many Seniors in Ma. who are on Social Security and Medicare and earn a little extra $$ by delivering the newspapers ( if they still drive ) and some even walk around the neighborhoods collecting cans and bottles for the
return of 5 cents per container.

We also have food banks if you need food and are close to the poverty level.
And of course we still have food stamps for those who need more cash for food.

engineer

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:57 pm
@Miller,
So poll taxes are ok because you can always get food stamps? Shocked
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:57 pm
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/carole_aichele_in_charge_of_pennsylvania_voter_id_law_i_dont_know_what_the_law_says.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2012/07/Aichele-Carole-7-31-12-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

Quote:
Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth Carole Aichele, testifying Tuesday during a state trial on the state’s controversial voter ID law, said she wasn’t sure about the details of the law, but stood by her unsupported claim that 99 percent of voters had valid identification.

“I don’t know what the law says,” Aichele said under questioning, according to CBS.

Aichele also couldn’t provide any evidence that 99 percent of voters already have a valid form of ID, as the state has claimed. CBS reported that when lawyers cited testimony from a Department of State official calling the number likely inaccurate, Aichele responded “I disagree.”

Aichele also said that ID cards issued by the state’s Department of Transportation are the best choice for voters, though a lawyer seeking to block the law said other valid IDs may be easier to obtain.

The state has agreed it will not argue that there is any evidence of in-person voter impersonation fraud. The Justice Department has launched a separate investigation into the law.

Cycloptichorn
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 03:04 pm
@ehBeth,

firefly wrote:
My public library is well utilized.
ehBeth wrote:
the joy of a reasonably affluent neighbourhood

libraries are facing cut-backs all over North America - shortened hours, less staff, fewer resources
The bookstores r doing OK.
Some of them even serve coffee and pastry.
Sometimes, the authors lecture.

I called the USSC today, endeavoring to ascertain
when Justice Scalia will be in NY, promoting his new book.

David