Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:56 am
http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

Quote:
Brown has hired attorney Donald Karpel to rep him. Karpel tells TMZ ... he is targeting 3 defendants.

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It's widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

2. Holmes' doctors. Karpel says it appears Holmes was on several medications -- prescribed by one or more doctors -- at the time of the shooting and he believes the docs did not properly monitor Holmes.

3. Warner Bros. Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,769 • Replies: 5
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:08 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnaKKKe wrote:
Quote:
Brown has hired attorney Donald Karpel to rep him. Karpel tells TMZ ... he is targeting 3 defendants.

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It's widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

What theater owner doesn't realize that the oldest trick in the book is for one person to buy a ticket and then let all of his friends in through the emergency exit? Of course the emergency exit should be connected to an alarm. That's just common sense.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:12 am
@joefromchicago,
Lots of these are just exits and not emergency exits. They go straight to the parking lot, and it's convenient to just leave and go straight to your car.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:23 am
@joefromchicago,
Did you hear me say I had any sort of a problem with this one??
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:29 am
@gungasnake,
Did you hear me say that I thought you had a problem with this one?
gungasnake

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 11:57 am
@joefromchicago,
Sorry, that's what it sounded like... This one is a legitimate lawsuit far as I can tell. Maybe that's what it takes to recover some form of lunatic control.
0 Replies