Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:23 pm
I have bought wonderful, fragrant, fresh ginger...what next?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,720 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Wy

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:10 pm
Cut a couple very thin slices and drop them into a mugful of hot water. Warm your hands and inhale the fragrance as you sip...

If you have a juicer, one of my favorite juice combinations is apples and ginger...
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:37 pm
I think I am in heaven!!!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 12:46 am
I love ginger tea. yup, I think I'll make myself a cup.
I use ginger a lot. In thai or chinese stirfries, or is it stirfry's? none-the less, it's wonderful in stews and baking.
Just expeiriment.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:01 am
Oh, me, I like a few thin slices or equivalent bits of fresh peeled ginger sauteed in a few tablespoons of butter with a bit of fresh salmon or lox (something like 1/8 pound) put in at the end, If it is lox, it only has to warm; if fresh uncooked salmon bits, then saute a bit, and shut off heat. (I suppose you can used canned, but pick the mildest you can find..)

Cook a pasta, like farfalle.

Add the drained pasta to the resting pan of salmon and ginger in butter, toss. Add some torn up leaves of fresh basil (or, oh, a half teaspoon of dried) and squeeze a half lime or more over the dish.

(Don't cook the lime at all.)

I think of this as Lox and Basil, with lime and farfalle. You'll like it a lot or not be interested at all. If you like it, go for the very best ingredients.
0 Replies