Mass Shooting At Denver Batman Movie Premiere

spendius

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
Who wants to cure pissing oneself laughing. That seems a curmudgeonly idea to me.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:09 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
god bless texas.

I live in Texas! Razz
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:10 pm
@oralloy,
No self respecting insect would be anything other than mortified on being compared to you.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Snopes says that as usual this is a case of the rightwing getting its knickers in a twist, because of completely bogus misinformation and baseless rumor.

Maybe, but I'm going to look up the proposed treaty when I get time and draw my own conclusions.

Not that I have any total faith in Snopes, but in this particular case I'd assume Snopes was right. The libtards simply would not be stupid enough to perpetrate such a thing.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:35 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Not that I have any total faith in Snopes, but in this particular case I'd assume Snopes was right. The libtards simply would not be stupid enough to perpetrate such a thing.

Here is some of their wish list of what they hoped to achieve in one of their past treaty attempts:

Quote:
Licence applicants may be required to provide a good reason, justifying why they need to possess a firearm. Legislation may prescribe the circumstances under which possession of a firearm may be justified.

If ‘personal protection’ is permitted as a good reason, applicants should prove to the police that they are in genuine danger that could be avoided by being armed.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:35 pm
re gunga:
Nowhere near stupid enough. However the KKKonservatives are gullible enough to believe it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:45 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
No self respecting insect would be anything other than mortified on being compared to you.

Stop whining, freedom hater. You aren't going to be permitted to violate my rights.
parados

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:50 pm
@oralloy,
Except you said this...
oralloy wrote:

parados wrote:
There is no treaty to take guns away from American citizens.

Well, currently it is a proposed treaty.

'It' can only refer to a treaty to take guns away from American citizens under any standard rules of English usage.

You said IT is a proposed treaty.
So.. it is a proposed treaty but you just have no idea what is proposed yet you managed to claim that a treaty to take guns away is proposed. I noticed how you avoided your statement in this last response. My guess is you will ignore your statement again since it contradicts your claim that you didn't say what you clearly said.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:19 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Except you said this...
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
There is no treaty to take guns away from American citizens.

Well, currently it is a proposed treaty.

'It' can only refer to a treaty to take guns away from American citizens under any standard rules of English usage.

"It" refers to the treaty that has been proposed.

I have yet to examine the text of the proposed treaty to determine what it says. However, I would not be surprised if they are taking another run at our Constitutional rights.

Someone should remind the world that use of nuclear weapons is justified when defending our Constitutional liberties.

parados wrote:
You said IT is a proposed treaty.

Yes.

parados wrote:
So.. it is a proposed treaty but you just have no idea what is proposed

Correct.

parados wrote:
yet you managed to claim that a treaty to take guns away is proposed.

No. I claim a treaty is proposed. I have not yet examined the contents of the proposal.

I have my suspicions however.

parados wrote:
I noticed how you avoided your statement in this last response. My guess is you will ignore your statement again since it contradicts your claim that you didn't say what you clearly said.

I have been very clear.

A treaty was proposed.

I suspect another foul attempt to violate our liberties.

I have not gone over the proposal to determine if my suspicion is correct.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:22 pm
It's not.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It's not.

Says who? Got a link to their deliberations and proposals so we can see for ourselves??
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:07 pm
snopes, above
gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:10 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Here is some of their wish list of what they hoped to achieve in one of their past treaty attempts:

I know they're stupid enough to think about it, I simply don't believe they're stupid enough to do it. It's like that scene in Smokey and the Bandit in which Jackie Gleason tells the kid not to play with himself while waiting for the deputy to arrive ("You can think about it, but don't DO it...")
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
snopes, above

That link did not contain the text of their current deliberations and proposals.

And it contained a number of outright falsehoods about their past attempts.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:43 pm
Snopes checks its facts. You rely on wild-eyed emails and sites that are the right wing equivalent of the National Enquirer.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Snopes checks its facts.

Apparently not well enough.

MontereyJack wrote:
You rely on wild-eyed emails and sites that are the right wing equivalent of the National Enquirer.

Liar.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:51 pm
A. You haven't yet even come up with a treaty that is supposedly being pushed.
B. Snopes is known for getting it right and debunking nonsense. You aren't.
parados

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:54 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

No. I claim a treaty is proposed. I have not yet examined the contents of the proposal.

You pretty clearly stated that a treaty to take guns away from Americans was proposed.

But now you want to deny that is what your statement was. Do you often argue that your statements have no context or meaning?
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
A. You haven't yet even come up with a treaty that is supposedly being pushed.

True. But based on their past attempts at pushing a treaty that violates our Constitutional gun rights, there is much reason to be suspicious.

I also note your own failure to come up with the text of the proposed treaty. That is much more egregious, given your repeated concrete claims as to what it contains.

(You'll note that I've yet to comment on what it contains.)

MontereyJack wrote:
You aren't. [known for getting it right and debunking nonsense]

Liar.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 08:00 pm
oralloy says:
Quote:
Liar

Liar.