TENANT OBLIGATIONS

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 04:39 pm
i'm renting a $350 bedroom with my two toddlers. Sharing living room, kitchen and dinning room. I am now not allowed nowhere but my room. landlord agreed to fixing shower and AC. land lord said it was just him and his nephew, house is full Mon-Sun, drinking dont stop, landlords 20 year old daughter claims to be in her house and enters my room whenever. Its now been a month and the room is to hot for my children, shower not fixed, but landlord is expecting full payment of rent. I'm looking for a new place to rent, But im seeking for answers on weather i have the right to pay only haf rent, or any other amount. Due to me not getting for what im paying for.

jcboy

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 05:04 pm
@lisbethmtz,
Where do you live? What does your lease say? And why would you allow someone to come into your bedroom when you have two small children?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 05:24 pm
@jcboy,
It doesn't sound like she has a lease or any other legal document, jc. This sounds like a sublet in someone else's rented house or apartment. Which means there is damned little legal recourse available. It's not even certain that it's a legal rental (in which case, of course, she could simply refuse to pay the rent and see what her landlord's gonna do about it. Twisted Evil )
Rockhead

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 05:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
that would be my response, andy.

move out quickly and say, ok.

sue me if you want paid...

then use that money to find a legitimate rental.

a lot of motels rent by the week or month. and have maid service...
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 05:33 pm
@Rockhead,
Yup.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 07:01 pm
I think you’re both right and in any case she needs to get out of there evern if it means going to a womans shelter until she can find a safe place for her and her children.
0 Replies

AmericanAmerica

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 10:40 pm
@lisbethmtz,
I wanna troll this fourm but I can't think of anything troll-ish to say, so I'm just gonna leave you guys with this comment; I secretly **** cats.
0 Replies