Stugotz

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 05:12 pm
Whether you have noticed or not, in today's society, the majority of people I know now and in the past, never take responsibility for their actions. Or those of family, friends and such.

There always seems to be a unending list of reasons why , no one admits responsibilty much these days, and always has a person or reason to blame for the outcome, but never themselves...

Sadly this epic phenomenom is running unchecked throughout the world, and generation after generation is using it more and more.

Ask yourself, have you noticed your circle of friends and family will often not take responsibility for their actions?

I have noticed major trends in how people that are supposed to be "role models in life, sports, business, goverment, and so many other, are blatently and with consistency always finding that someone else is to blame.

Frankly I am sick and tired of it, and would like to hear some thoughts on what the community thinks of this subject.

Thanks

The Gotz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 661 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Stugotz

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 05:45 pm
@Stugotz,
wow, 27 views and not one reply/ is it the subject matter, or the poster?
Eva

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 05:56 pm
@Stugotz,
Neither.

You summed it up very well. We agree, and we have nothing to add.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 08:56 am
@Stugotz,
I know you have all your life always behaved with responsibility. What has caused you to write about your notice of people's lack of responsibility? Has someone's behavior brought your disappointment?

BBB
Stugotz

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 03:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Love Ya Mom, it's just the world in general.

I often think back to what for me was the good ole daze, between the 60's and the 70's, and for what I can remember we as a society seemed to take responsibility for our actions more. I think that for what it is worth that the folks I hung out with had better values back then.

If one of us "messed up" for the most part we admitted it, and even then as a teenager I respected the ones that could own up to what they did.

Today the world seems to always be angry and radical, and it seems easier for the world to blame others, for the negatives in their lives.

rampent unemployment, loss of savings, political uproar on every single news article that you read, has changed our world wide persona, to that which is likened to a mob mentality without a leader, or a cause.

Trust, seems to have been replaced with suspicion, accusations, and more.

Corrupt Industries, who know that the "limp" penalties that they can be sued for, pale in comparison of the billions of dollars that they make without taking responsibilty for their actions. CEO's that cross over the moral line of business often get rewarded with millions in bonuses, and are made of teflon, and none of the lawful charges brought up against them "STICK"

It 's Good TO Be The King" ( Mel Brooks)

I still do not think that we as a species have realized that at the rate we are going, we are going to self destruct from within, and perhaps by the time the "light Bulb' goes off, it may be too late.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 10:26 am
@Stugotz,
When I retired in California, I moved to Albuquerque in 2002, where I didn't know anyone. The first person I met was my next door neighbor, Susie - a school teacher, who is raising her three daughters. The two oldest now are both in college, the third is in high school. Daughter one is in Albuquerque university. Daughter two is about to move to Florida to enter her college choice. Daughter three is working hard to prepare for her high school graduation and college entry.

All three girls have never got in trouble. They have lived a healthy life. They have taken loving care of their two cats and one dog. They have worked hard to achieve their ambitions to improve their country. Their mother has survived their raising and is proud of them. The four of them love each other.

The four of them have been good friends with me, your sister when she moved with me, and Dolly and Madison doggies. We each have our house keys and look out for each other. I gave Susie a beautiful red rose bush for her yard. Susie gave me mint plants for my yard. Butflynet gives Susie some of her tomatoes and Susie gives her some of her peaches.

One of the cats sit on our back yard wall, waiting to see if Dolly and Madison are in the yard so he can tease them. The doggies bark at the cat when it's in the front yard, and the cat just grins at them. Even the dogs and cats are friendly.

There are good people in this world if you look for them. You are one of them. I love you, son.

BBB

0 Replies