Will I die after someone hurts my feelings?

Angel23

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:06 am
Did anyone ever died from having their feelings hurt?
I don't mean like suicide. I mean if having ur feelings hurt is equivalent to having cancer. You just wait to die or get treatment. We clock in and out on the Internet at work. I was gonna ask how much time I report exactly since I took over all but an hour of someone else's shift and I have my lunch break. I had no idea my supervisor was in the middle of writing someone up for whatever. She said I was interrupting and told me to go somewhere. I went home and cut myself, but not before being a little short with the coworker being wrote up for laughing at me. The fact that he laughed was part of why I cut myself. Now I wanna know when I'm gonna die without killing myself. I wanna be with God and I wanna know when he'll take me home with him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,667 • Replies: 14

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:15 am
@Angel23,
No - and comparing your feelings being hurt to having cancer is a bit extreme - not even close.
Angel23

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:26 am
@Linkat,
So why did she hurt my feelings? It cut me to the core.
Ragman

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:52 am
@Angel23,
Sorry to say this but ... please get some professional help NOW. What behavior you're describing most would consider a minor issue or a slight embarrassment. Get help!

[url]The fact that he laughed was part of why I cut myself. Now I wanna know when I'm gonna die without killing myself. I wanna be with God and I wanna know when he'll take me home with him.[/url]

This is an indication of real emotional trouble. No one can make you harm yourself.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:53 am
@Angel23,
Aha! Go back and read your last comment again.

SHE didn't cut you. YOU cut yourself.

You are confused. This isn't about her, it's about you and your reactions. Until you fully understand what causes you to hurt yourself this way, and how to stop that behavior, you need professional counseling. Start looking for a good counselor RIGHT NOW. He/she will help you sort out your feelings of confusion and self-destructive urges. If the first counselor doesn't help, find another. There IS help out there.

To answer the title of your thread:
NO, hurt feelings cannot kill you.
BUT...
You can kill YOURSELF over hurt feelings (among other things.)

Don't do that. Feelings change.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 10:56 am
@Angel23,
When are you scheduled to see your VR worker again?

you need to talk to VR about what's going on with you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 11:37 am
@Angel23,
You need to talk to a professional, hon.
Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 01:52 pm
@jespah,
ditto all the above on getting some help - hurt feelings are part of life; if you cannot handle one person's remarks they you need to learn how to deal with it with the help of some one else.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2012 02:06 pm
The facts that you got so upset when someone laughed at you (this happens to people every single day, all day long) and that you felt like cutting yourself over it indicates you do need professional help. I hope you search that out and get some help.
Angel23

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 03:12 pm
@Mame,
I cut myself over being told I interrupted, not over that he laughed at me. Anyway, I bitched at him that not everything's a ******* joke like he thinks. Then he acted patronizing and I bitched at him for that too. LOL
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 03:15 pm
@Angel23,
I've not seen you talk about cutting before, but I have been waiting for it.

you need to talk with a professional about how you see other people. and yourself. or a different one if you are seeing one now.

your perspective is way out of whack.

please try to get some help...
Angel23

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 03:20 pm
@Rockhead,
oh that was from 3 months ago. I'm way over that incident.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 03:25 pm
@Angel23,
we can only hope...
Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 03:29 pm
@Rockhead,
oh don't worry if not this one - there will be another.
Angel23

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2012 03:29 pm
@Linkat,
not really. That guy is gone.
0 Replies