Supporting Israel?

Chumly

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:01 pm
Wikipedia, I have not used it much and I should but it sounded as if you had some learning's so it could not hurt to ask. Thanks for the info, so much to know so little time.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:04 am
Chumly wrote:
Wikipedia, I have not used it much and I should but it sounded as if you had some learning's so it could not hurt to ask. Thanks for the info, so much to know so little time.

This is good.
I just figured it would be easier to Google the idea and get a relatively unbiased view, rather than my take on it.
I strongly support Israel and I do not support the Arabs called Palestinians, so my viewpoint on the Palestinian Mandate tends to be colored by my biases.
Besides, this is a religion thread and, the Mandate and the origins of Israel tend to be more political...
On the other hand, as I have noted, I support Israel for both political and religious reasons. Which for me, become clearer all the time.
If one were to believe in Divine Providence, which I do, it would seem that the fact that the Muslim/Arab world is caught up in an orgy of hate and destruction is extremely revealing.
I believe it becomes more difficult with each passing day to "blame Israel" for the ills that Islam and the Arab world are foisting upon themselves and the rest of the world.
Their self-immolation ranges from President Ahmahnutjob of Iran denying the Holocaust and working on his nuclear program in order to wipe Israel off the face of the map; to Israel withdrawing from Gaza and then having them elect Hamas who pledge to wipe out Israel; to the final insult of the Cartoon Jihad, where Muslims destroy themselves because they feel offended by Danish cartoons.
It would appear that Islam is choosing to put a Big Clown Hat on its collective head and loudly proclaim "Look at me! Look at me! We're all just insane tribal savages who want to cut your head off!"
Now if G-d is not responsible for this insanity, then the Muslims are even crazier than anyone ever imagined...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:29 pm
I am a Jew but atheistic, still your points have depth.
0 Replies