Cyracuz

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:28 am
This is an old issue, but it's been a while since it's been brought up, as far as I know.

Anyway, my claim is that all of existence is only one infinite moment that we call "the present".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 7,316 • Replies: 55
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 07:09 am
@Cyracuz,
deep time leaves its rints so that e need to adress what thye mean in the context of your "present"

My dog lives in the present , he doesnt know any better. We humans dont do that because we have these things like self awareness, abilities in planning, and learning from the clues of the past.

Too much physics depends on sigma and delta time
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 07:36 am
@farmerman,
By "present" I mean the moment we exist in.
Anyway, all those plans you speak of, they are made in the present, and when the future in which those plans can be carried out becomes the present, then the plans are carried out. There isn't anything that can happen in the past or in the future. Everything happens in the present.

But, what is sigma and delta time?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 10:18 am
@Cyracuz,
Agreed! The PRESENT is the not-yet-existing (or "empty") FUTURE becoming the no-longer (or "empty") PAST. It is therefore also empty but all that there is. At least this is one way of thinking about it.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 10:24 am
@JLNobody,
One has to concede however that given relativistic considerations for instance where a high-speed voyage entails honest-go-gosh time travel, that Intuition suggests we’re traveling thru it
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:45 am
This guy had some interesting things to say about time.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 11:22 am
@Cyracuz,
Adobe Flash Player req'd
0 Replies

north

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 02:26 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

This is an old issue, but it's been a while since it's been brought up, as far as I know.

Anyway, my claim is that all of existence is only one infinite moment that we call "the present".

to the Universe this is true

inotherwords , if you could step OUT of the Universe and then look into it , you find that at that one infinite moment all these things that are going on inside the Universe are all happening at the same moment
dalehileman

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 02:31 pm
@north,
Very interesting Cyr that you should so suppose. In fact, I don’t believe the idea of a single moment throughout the Universe is a viable concept and that’s one reason I q your OP
north

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 02:36 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Very interesting Cyr that you should so suppose. In fact, I don’t believe the idea of a single moment throughout the Universe is a viable concept and that’s one reason I q your OP

it is to the Universe

think of it this way , think of ALL the actions that are taking place on our planet , at the same of ALL the actions that are taking place in the Universe in the same moment......
dalehileman

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 10:29 pm
@north,
Quote:
think of it this way , .........the same of ALL the actions that are taking place in the Universe in the same moment......
Precisely what I deny
north

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 01:50 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
think of it this way , .........the same of ALL the actions that are taking place in the Universe in the same moment......
Precisely what I deny

why ?
dalehileman

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 01:58 pm
@north,

Quote:

Precisely what I deny

Quote:
why ?
lease see following OP

http://able2know.org/topic/195798-1
north

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 02:03 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:

Precisely what I deny

Quote:
why ?
lease see following OP

http://able2know.org/topic/195798-1

what does that have to do with this OP though ? the speed of light , perception has nothing to do with this OP
dalehileman

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 02:10 pm
@north,
Quote:
what does that have to do with this OP though ?
Perhaps North you scanned it too hastily. Please Read it again more slowly and if you still don’t see then rattle my cage again
0 Replies

north

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 02:47 pm

Dal

Quote:
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
it is to the Universe

think of it this way , think of ALL the actions that are taking place on our planet , at the same of ALL the actions that are taking place in the Universe in the same moment......

so DAL how does your argumnet fit in here , I'm not arguing here just trying to figure out the FIT
dalehileman

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 02:52 pm
@north,
Quote:
I'm not arguing here just trying to figure out the FIT
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. A participant remarks something about everything going on in the Universe at this instant and I reply that even neglecting relative motion the idea of the same single instant throughout the Universe could be faulty

.........owing to what might prove a common misconception about time-at-a-distance as I discuss in the link
north

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:02 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
I'm not arguing here just trying to figure out the FIT
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. A participant remarks something about everything going on in the Universe at this instant and I reply that even neglecting relative motion the idea of the same single instant throughout the Universe could be faulty

.........owing to what might prove a common misconception about time-at-a-distance as I discuss in the link

so then your position about time-at-a-distance has nothing to do with this thread then ?
north

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:52 pm

Quote:
DAL

so then your position about time-at-a-distance has nothing to do with this thread then ?

it doesn't

what goes on through out the Universe all happens at the same moment

it has nothing to do with any theories by anyone

what it is about is whether actions on this planet and actions in the Universe all happen at the same moment and they do , no matter the deviation of any theory by us

look you may have an argument in your thread , but thats not the point I've been trying to make

what ever actions that goes on , on this planet , there are actions that at the same moment are going on in the Universe

the Universe is full of actions that are going right now and so are we on this planet

imans

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 03:55 pm
when truth is the plus to constant superiority, so the freedom superiority to objective value in absolute abstract terms identified being else fact existence, then past and future in truth exist

at least the principle of superiority is always the base, while superiority by definition introduce future and is always the past already to

it became a fashion to shout about present now as miaomiao triumph, bc u achieve ur end in truth being for free possessions adds or bonus given, never u ever meant evolutions and responsable independant individualities