dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 04:17 am
on monday.....around 2:00 p.m i'm fighting this weak, nerdy kid hes black but hes lite skinned but theres one problem i'm 5'1 and hes about 5'8.. i need some pointers going against someone taller than me..... i already know to go for body shots just don't know how i'm goin get his face i need advice in avoiding his punches. some tips anyone.....Please
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,681 • Replies: 23
Topic Closed
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by dfc100
contrex

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 05:38 am
What difference does his race make?
Ragman

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 06:07 am
@dfc100,
Here's a mature answer: Don't fight him at all. Resolve your differences like an adult.
dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 06:18 am
@contrex,
i just wanted to say it
dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 06:18 am
@Ragman,
good idea
roger
  Selected Answer

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 07:40 am
@dfc100,
Forget the head. If you don't already know about body punching, it's a bit late for this fight. Not too late to start training for the next.
djjd62

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 07:42 am
@dfc100,
dfc100 wrote:
on monday.....around 2:00 p.m i'm fighting this weak, nerdy kid

my how things have changed, when we were kids it was 3:00 pm, by the bike stands
contrex

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 07:56 am
@dfc100,
dfc100 wrote:

i just wanted to say it

Well, I just wanted to say, I hope he whips your white ass!
gungasnake

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:01 am
@dfc100,
The thing you DON'T want to be doing against a taller adversary is the kind of thing Miguel Cotto does i.e. just sort of lower your head, cover your face with both hands in Cus D'Amato's celebrated "peek-a-boo" fashion and try to just sort of push your way into body-punching range.

The man who wrote the book on bullying and stomping people bigger than himself was Roberto Duran, who was arguably the greatest professional prize fighter of the modern age. Duran closed distances with skip steps which appear to have involved pushing off the side of the trailing foot the way skaters do, and by coming in behind two or three punches which were scary enough that he wasn't going to get hit in the act of coming in, i.e. he was using that overhand straight right the way a serve/volley tennis player uses a hard serve and coming in behind it.

Duran eventually scared everybody close to his own size into the woodwork and had to start beating up progressively bigger people to make money at it. When his first fight against Ray Leonard took place in 1980 in Montreal he didn't quite have the physical strength to knock out the bigger kinds of welterweights, that came a year or two later. But you can see the idea of what I'm talking about in the second round of that one. Duran usually threw punches in groups of three, jab, straight right, and a left hook to the liver or the head; in the middle of the second round, Duran was closing distance with that combination and Leonard managed to get out of the way of the first two punches but in doing so ended up with his head all the way back and unable to avoid the third punch which all but totally clocked him:

0 Replies

Roberta

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:25 am
Is this boxing (in a ring, with gloves) or a street fight?
dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 01:50 pm
@contrex,
lmao thanks for your opinion.. Smile
0 Replies

dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 01:51 pm
@Roberta,
not in a ring but we have gloves its a street fight but not really....
dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 01:51 pm
@dfc100,
its just boxing
0 Replies

dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 01:52 pm
@djjd62,
lmao
0 Replies

dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 01:56 pm
@roger,
i already know about body punches... i'm goin just charge at him to intimidate
him....then i'm goin quickly separate his hands and then start throwing bomds...after the fight i'm goin say who won....and no bull ****....i'm goin say weather i won or he won soo i'm asking EVERYONE NOT TO BITCH ABOUT IT IF I SAY I WON I MEAN IT!!!!!!
0 Replies

dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 03:31 pm
@contrex,
hey hey hey...... calm down man theres no need to say that now is there???... i didn't mean anything by it.....i'm not racist but if you think hes goin beat me... you mistaken but thanks for your opinion
0 Replies

theprofessor

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 04:18 pm
@dfc100,
dude , dont worry about hitting his face till hes on his knees or on the ground an stomp him

Stomp his feet hard really hard n break his toes
kick him in the balls
hit him in the throat
stand with ur back to wall if possible
if you get it on him choke him out , but put 1 arm behind his head he will go out faster
aim for his chin and i mean aim
every punch aim behind were your target is -punch through him

keep ya hands up an keep covered , its all about footwork , its easier to dodge a punch then to block 1 , step out of his reach and then go in quick an hard and once you get the advantage dont stop

but dont just hit him in the face , stomp him an tell him to not get up till u walk away

or just aim every single punch , aim for the cheek , the chin , the nose ,

learn what a hammer punch is and break his face

Smile train a lil - start shadow boxing . get urself in the zone Wink
theprofessor

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 04:19 pm
@contrex,
as forr you contrex YOUR A BITCH

race has nothing to do with the colours ima beat your ass u ever try stepping to me Very Happy
0 Replies

dfc100

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 06:43 pm
@theprofessor,
thanks for the advice prof
brenden99

Fri 13 Jul, 2012 02:07 am
@dfc100,
so what was your result about that.