Should we live each day as though it were our last ?

rufio

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:37 pm
Exactly - I did not sign on for four more years of college out of preparedness for dying tommorrow. Even at 85 you can still do things. You should never act as though you were in mortal danger of death. There's nothing you can do about it anyway, except for the usual don't-do-dumb-things common sense stuff, and there's so much more to life.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:38 pm
While I have accepted the inevitibility of death from an early age, I sincerely hope I will live forever.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:43 pm
if some woman don't kill me I'll live til I die
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:48 pm
Rufio--wonderful attitude.

Quote:
It might be my last day, and I also might live to be 100. The best way is to be prepared for anything - even the good things.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:14 pm
I just live. I don't even think if it is my last or not. I don't need that kind of thinking. It doesn't help.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 09:26 am
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 11:42 am
truth
Two points: By preparing for death, I mean simply eliminating the fear of the inevitable.
By living as if you died YESTERDAY, I mean simply living with minimal ego involvement or interference.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:00 pm
I don't see any value in living with "minimal ego involvement or interference". Life is a time to get things done, not to be humble about doing them. And in your first case, wouldn't preparing for death be the same as ignoring it?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:05 pm
No one is prepared for death.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:59 pm
we live, we die - So?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 03:17 pm
truth
A "coward" (one who is unprepared) dies a thousand deaths. Prepared, we just live and die--no real problem, as Edgar notes.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 04:01 pm
If I thought it would be my last day on earth, I would call off work, skip exercising, gather friends and family (and ask them to bring the flowers TODAY!!!), and splurge on desserts.

But you can't live every day like that. Part of being human is the ability to plan for the future and do what we ought instead of as we wish.
0 Replies

susanreed2004

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:37 am
last day?
No. How would we be able to plan for the things that take time to accomplish if we lived every day as if it were our last? The things that take time, are more personally gratifying than the things that take little time, effort, and endurance. Now if we are answering this question as if it were asked in the sense of do we give tasks or endeavors our all? Yes, "always do your best" as my mother always said.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 08:29 am
Hey, Susan. Welcome to A2K. Hope this won't be your last day here. Smile
0 Replies