Help with PC

dalehileman

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 02:18 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh Nix, just one thing: Everything on the toolbar is now on the same line so no room for many other icons I might eventually need. How does one get another line

Thanks most profusely once again
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 03:06 pm
@dalehileman,

I would like a buck for every time that I thought that I did something right on the computer, and it did not work out. Then all of I sudden I would do something else, and, lo and behold, it would work.

If you go to Pogue's book on Amazon, you can click on the book. You will be able to access the table of contents, as well as the index, and some pages. Take a look and see if this book suits your needs better than the one that you have.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 09:43 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
Then all of I sudden I would do something else, and, lo and behold, it would work.
Yes, a very humbling experience

Quote:
If you go to Pogue's book on Amazon……….Take a look and see if this book suits your needs better than the one that you have.
Thanks again Nix. But first—now that you helped me restore the capability—I will send a link of this thread to my No. 1 Son and get his opinion too

Incidentally I wonder if you might know how I add a second line to the toolbar
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 10:17 am
@dalehileman,
Finally regarding item (2) of the OP, does anyone know how to get rid of the elongated red spot
Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 11:04 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Finally regarding item (2) of the OP, does anyone know how to get rid of the elongated red spot

Sorry, I don't have the foggiest idea.

As far as the toolbar goes, I have never used anything but the default. I wonder if you just kept adding, and the toolbar went beyond its capacity, would a 2nd toolbar appear? I have my bookmarks right under the toolbar. I have more than capacity in the first line. At the end of the line, there is a double arrow. When I click on that, the excess bookmarks appear vertically.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2012 11:24 am
@Phoenix32890,
..red spot…..
Quote:
Sorry, I don't have the foggiest idea.
It’s ok, thanks. Eventually…..

Quote:
...…... far as the toolband the toolbar went beyond its capacity, would a 2nd toolbar appear?…….
Ok I’ll try it and report back

Aha! he observes: You don’t need a second line. As you keep adding icons the blank space following the url shortens, all is well

Again Nix thanks most profusely
0 Replies