TIGER WON THE MEMORIAL!

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2012 07:00 pm
@Joe Nation,
It's a stupid game all right! Not many can master it even with years of practice.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 09:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
That is, of course, why someone keeps playing.
In the words of Tiger Woods at the peak of his career when asked why he practices "To get better."

Joe(which is why I attend my therapy sessions, but I digress.)Nation

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 09:43 am
@Joe Nation,
The dream of repeating one perfect shot can keep you playing for years.

Catching that moment when everything other than the 'snick' of the ball is completely silent.

It's amazing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 09:49 am
@ehBeth,
That's true; I've often thought I played a good game of golf when I had a very good shot out of the 18 holes played - even when my score was high!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 10:29 am
I guess I gotta tell yez…this morning I went out to the course and was filled with confidence. I was positive I would come close to shooting my age (although my best score to date is a 77). Played three holes without hitting even one decent shot…double bogie on all three…and I decided to excuse myself from the group. I think I may take the week off…try to get my head back in order. Hey, Tiger did it, no reason why I shouldn’t.

My handicap has gone up to 20…the highest it has been in probably 10 years or more. I am not a happy camper.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 10:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
J.D. Salinger would tell you not to aim so much.

The subject of that comment was the sport of marbles, but the idea, the feeling, is still the same.

Golf is still the most difficult sport I ever attempted.

Marathoning, while difficult to do, only drives you crazy for five hours a year.

Joe(My fifth one is six years is coming up in November)Nation
0 Replies