1
   

Parallel universes

 
 
Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:41 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

I’ve participated in a parallel world called “Philosophy Forums”

http://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/

….but they eventually banned me, as a troll I guess

A2k by contrast is very liberal for having retained me so long
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:45 am
@Rickoshay75,
Yo Rick: Somehow your comment got lost in submitting that last post
0 Replies
 
Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:54 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

I’ve participated in a parallel world called “Philosophy Forums”

http://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/

….but they eventually banned me, as a troll I guess

A2k by contrast is very liberal for having retained me so long


Know what you mean. I've been blackballed from forums myself -- twice.

Since then I rarely stray from status quo, conventional thinking --- the majority.
dalehileman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 12:28 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
Know what you mean. I've been blackballed from forums myself -- twice.
Just twice

Well Rick maybe you haven’t been at this as long as I

Quote:
Since then I rarely stray from status quo, conventional thinking --- the majority.
Yes I can well understand in order not to trigger wrath of the typical forum participant, feeling powerless in his everyday life and terribly angry at all times about nearly everything, it’s necessary to couch one’s postings in a kind of incertitude

The trick being to cloud your meaning in language by its ambiguity that can't offend the fellow primed for conflict

At most if not all other forums in which I’ve participated it’s especially true of the Admin types who apparently seek the position to gain a sense of authority so the position in a forum gives them the opportunity to make up new rules, one after another, then enforce them by punishment of the perpetrator by expulsion
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

New Propulsion, the "EM Drive" - Question by TomTomBinks
The Science Thread - Discussion by Wilso
Why do people deny evolution? - Question by JimmyJ
Are we alone in the universe? - Discussion by Jpsy
Fake Science Journals - Discussion by rosborne979
Controvertial "Proof" of Multiverse! - Discussion by littlek
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/01/2024 at 02:21:30