Do You Click Facebook Ads?

djjd62

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 04:20 pm
listening to a discussion about the Facebook IPO and a comment was made that about 44% of Facebook users click the ads

really, i've never clicked an internet ad in my life, most of the time i don't even pay any attention to them

same on tv, i don't have a DVR or the like, but i mute commercials, and torrent a lot of TV shows

hows about you, click, mute, watch or not
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,737 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 04:30 pm
I never intentionally click on an ad.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:45 pm
@djjd62,
I mute the commercials or change the channel. Now that I have a PVR, I watch that and zip through the commercials.

I've never intentionally clicked on an online ad, and usually don't even notice them.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 07:19 pm
@djjd62,
I had the only serious experience of Internet fraud I have ever encountered after clicking on a facebook ad and actually lost some money before realizing what they were doing and stopping it. They then had the nerve to threaten me with debt collection and only ceased when I said I would be extremely eager to meet the company in court and told them the documents I would subpoena etc. I am aware than many people have given in to them. I am also aware that Facebook has been made aware of the nature of this company and yet I think the company still advertises there.

So, fairly or not, I would never click on a Facebook ad again!

Generally speaking, I click on very few ads, but if something interests me I will have a look at it. I have found some great places through Internet ads.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 07:34 pm
I had to deactivate my facebook profile but before that I never clicked on any of the ads.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 08:11 pm
Like the rest of you have said, I never ever under any circumstances click on anything that looks like an ad, either on FB or A2k or anyplace else on the 'net.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 04:19 am
@djjd62,
Facebook ads? If you mean 'trending stories'? No. Banner ads on Facebook? Not that I can remember.

But when I'm on sites I enjoy and appreciate the most (IMDb, CSMonitor, etc...) I'll click on the interesting banner ads from only trustworthy sources.
0 Replies

jhems

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 05:57 am
@djjd62,
Yes, sometimes because it helps to know something new.
0 Replies