PROS AND CONS OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 09:17 am
So my online class wants me to know the pros and cons of the bill of rights, and i cant seem to find out anything about the pros and cons, so i would appreciate it if someone could help me with this. Smile thanks

farmerman

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 09:19 am
@RachelleRenee12,
read "The Federalist Papers" there is an excellent piece of op ed in there where one of the authors "Publius" didnt see a need for a Bill of Rights Because..... you gotta read it. Then look at the amendments and go through em one by one (first 10) and view em with respect to your views or some Supreme Court decisions. You can Google "US Supreme Court Ruligs regarding The Bill of Rights".
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 09:56 am
@RachelleRenee12,
In general, Rights are "purchased" with Freedoms. In other words, for you to have Rights, others must give up certain Freedoms.

For example, if you have the Right to walk down the street without getting pinched, then others have to give up their Freedom to pinch you when you walk down the street.
0 Replies