What are the subject, the verb and the object of this sentence?

McTag

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:45 am
@oristarA,

Quote:
give us your concrete analysis on Joe's postings

Joe's postings are invariably excellent, surpassed in quality, insight and helpfulness only by my own.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 04:18 pm
Gosh, this is jolly good stuff!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 06:35 pm
@McTag,
Oo, I'm blushing. Embarrassed

Wait a minute, I think that statement was more a compliment to yourself than to me!!

Let me reply in a much more generous tone.

McTag's posts are a ripe mixture of wit, charm and a deep commitment to be helpful; all of them are written as well as can be expected for a man of his years.

Joe(There, I feel better.)Nation
oristarA

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:07 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Quote:
give us your concrete analysis on Joe's postings

Joe's postings are invariably excellent, surpassed in quality, insight and helpfulness only by my own.

I know you are confident and proud.
To catch the nuance between Joe's and yours and thus to improve our English skills, PLEASE ANALYSE Joe's posts. Pick up one of the posts and the one example (even if only one) will help us to understand your linguistic SUPREMACY in this forum. Don't leave us in darkness, McTag.
oristarA

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Oo, I'm blushing. Embarrassed

Wait a minute, I think that statement was more a compliment to yourself than to me!!

It's obvious!

Let me reply in a much more generous tone.

McTag's posts are a ripe mixture of wit, charm and a deep commitment to be helpful; all of them are written as well as can be expected for a man of his years.

Joe(There, I feel better.)Nation

You've enhanced the glory of King McTag. Wink

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 03:52 pm
@oristarA,

Quote:
PLEASE ANALYSE Joe's posts. Pick up one of the posts

It would not be right to offer a critique on the efforts of a fellow contributor (we never do that here) save to state what is plain to see: young Joe is one of the more promising cadets from the colonial education system, and is apparently well on the way to mastery of American English. When he achieves that, he can begin to try his hand at the real thing.
oristarA

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 07:58 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Quote:
PLEASE ANALYSE Joe's posts. Pick up one of the posts

It would not be right to offer a critique on the efforts of a fellow contributor (we never do that here) save to state what is plain to see: young Joe is one of the more promising cadets from the colonial education system, and is apparently well on the way to mastery of American English. When he achieves that, he can begin to try his hand at the real thing.

Oh wise man. First, kudos go to you for your self-discipline; second, it should be understood that such analysis is no more a critique in common sense, rather, it stands quite normally an academic discussion. Take it in the spirit of a true scholar, McTag. A scholarly criticism with goodwill urges everyone to make progress.

As I have said, Joe's English is excellent, which does not mean his English is consummate, however. No one is linguistically consummate except the AUTHOR of the UNIVERSE. Alas, He never speaks to us directly in English.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 08:05 pm
@McTag,
No pain, no gain.
Get started, McTag.
oristarA

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 06:13 pm
@oristarA,
Impress us, McTag.
Please?
0 Replies