Stats homework problem help??? Confidence levels??

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 08:55 am
I don't understand the follow questions, can someone help me work it out??
You have started the Blissful Catering Company. Based on the first five months of business, you have noticed that there is almost always a lot of food that goes uneaten. Because this left over food diminishes your profits, you have decided to use statistics to determine how much food should be prepared for the receptions you cater. For the ten receptions for which you have data, the following data represent the average number of chocolate covered strawberries eaten or abused per person.

4 6 3 2 7 4 4 5 3 4

Assuming these data form an excellent random sample, what is the number of chocolate covered strawberries you SHOULD prepare for a reception of 100 people and be 95% confident of have enough strawberries.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,282 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:01 am
Caterers do not absorb the costs of "uneaten food." Contracts are based on the projected number of guests, and the customer pays that fee whether or not everyone shows up.
mihanni21

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:07 am
@Setanta,
Its a homework problem I was given, I still have to come up with a "real number" answer....just not sure how to go about working it out.
0 Replies