micah

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 12:34 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
SealPoet wrote:
........THE THING ABOUT CAPSLOCK IS THAT IT MAKES THINGS VERY DIFFICULT TO READ. IF SOMETHING IS DIFFICULT TO READ, MOST PEOPLE WON'T READ IT.......

as a matter of fact Seal; just the title of this thread makes it easy "not" to read! Rolling Eyes

and if it really were from God, how silly would your statement be......out of everything you could have said here, that's what you came up with??

wow.....your wisdom is incredible.....thanks for contributing.....
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 12:54 pm
Quote:
DO NOT FEEL THE STRAIN OF LIFE. THERE IS NO STRAIN FOR MY CHILDREN. DO YOU NOT SEE I AM THE MASTER INSTRUMENT-MAKER? HAVE I NOT FASHIONED EACH PART? DO I NOT KNOW JUST WHAT IT CAN BEAR WITHOUT A STRAIN? WOULD I, THE MAKER OF SO DELICATE AN INSTRUMENT, ASK OF IT ANYTHING THAT COULD DESTROY OR STRAIN?

Quote:
"I DIED FOR YOU, MY CHILDREN, AND COULD YE TREAT ME SO?"

Quote:
A FATHER LOVES TO SEE HIS CHILDREN HAPPY.

jesus, is the son, not the Father, and as far as the Bible is concerned, I'm a child of God, not of Jesus. If these are the words of Jesus, why is he referring to himself as the Father when in the Bible he clearly states he is the son of the Father (God)??

I'm sorry you think my comprehension skills lacking, but I consider myself to be mildly intelligent as most things go, and I know I can read. As far as the Children of God never erring once they know the 'eveil spirits delight' in that...again i say "whatever" Please tell me where it says that Gods children will never err/make mistakes/sin/fall down or anything close to that in the Bible. . . If that were the case, why would we need to be covered in the Blood of Jesus if we were going to be able to refuse temptation and not err once we know the enemy delights in those things?
0 Replies

micah

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:01 pm
onyxelle wrote:
Quote:
DO NOT FEEL THE STRAIN OF LIFE. THERE IS NO STRAIN FOR MY CHILDREN. DO YOU NOT SEE I AM THE MASTER INSTRUMENT-MAKER? HAVE I NOT FASHIONED EACH PART? DO I NOT KNOW JUST WHAT IT CAN BEAR WITHOUT A STRAIN? WOULD I, THE MAKER OF SO DELICATE AN INSTRUMENT, ASK OF IT ANYTHING THAT COULD DESTROY OR STRAIN?

Quote:
"I DIED FOR YOU, MY CHILDREN, AND COULD YE TREAT ME SO?"

Quote:
A FATHER LOVES TO SEE HIS CHILDREN HAPPY.

jesus, is the son, not the Father, and as far as the Bible is concerned, I'm a child of God, not of Jesus. If these are the words of Jesus, why is he referring to himself as the Father when in the Bible he clearly states he is the son of the Father (God)??
you're a child of God, not of Jesus, huh? are you implying that Jesus is not God? i hope you are not...

perhaps you didn't realize the bible states clearly that Jesus is the specific creator of ALL things. it seems as though you're not even sure about the nature of Jesus.....can Jesus (the creator of ALL things) not call you his child??? are you serious??
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:10 pm
Of course i'm serious. I do not believe that Jesus is God, I believe Jesus is 1/3 of the trinity.....sort of like an egg. egg whites, egg yolk, egg shell, three different parts that make 1 whole thing. Please stop talking down to me. I don't like it. I believe that Jesus, as he was here on earth, was Jesus, himself. Not God. Why would he continuously say 'my father, my father' rather than I? I do not profess to be a bible scholar down to the very last 'amen' in the bible, I'm only taking what I know so far. If further studying should force me to change my mind, then so be it..but it won't change because you can't believe I believe this.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:18 pm
Micah:

Jesus told me to inform you that your current position as messenger is herewith terminated due to gross incompetence. Your check will be mailed. Please do not use Him for a reference.

Respectfully
0 Replies

micah

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:19 pm
onyxelle wrote:
Of course i'm serious. I do not believe that Jesus is God, I believe Jesus is 1/3 of the trinity.....sort of like an egg. egg whites, egg yolk, egg shell, three different parts that make 1 whole thing. Please stop talking down to me. I don't like it. I believe that Jesus, as he was here on earth, was Jesus, himself. Not God. Why would he continuously say 'my father, my father' rather than I? I do not profess to be a bible scholar down to the very last 'amen' in the bible, I'm only taking what I know so far. If further studying should force me to change my mind, then so be it..but it won't change because you can't believe I believe this.

read John chapter 1 verse 1 through the rest of the chapter, and then try and tell me Jesus is not God. of course he's part of the trinity, he is GOD. sorry, for talking down to you but you accused me of being in a cult, yet you don't even understand the nature of Jesus......

in the first chapter of Genesis, God said, "Let us make man in our image"

who is 'us'? who is 'our'??

who is God speaking to here???

he's speaking to the other 2 members of the trinity....i'm sorry, but don't tell me Jesus is not God.....THAT is in direct conflict with the bible....do you not know that Jesus has always existed like God the father?????
0 Replies

micah

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:20 pm
Monger wrote:
Micah:

Jesus told me to inform you that your current position as messenger is herewith terminated due to gross incompetence. Your check will be mailed. Please do not use Him for a reference.

Respectfully

and we should listen to you about Jesus?? nice avatar....
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 01:56 pm
Verily verily I say unto you, yes, lest haply ye be found even to fight against God...
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:47 pm
As was decided in the Nicene Constantinopelean Creed in 325 AD, God is manifested in three different ways: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are all co-equal and co-eternal. They are also separate but in-separable. Jesus is the incarnation of the Divine Logos into a human body (hypostatic union), the form of God that exists in both realms. Therefore, under the Trinity Jesus is not the Creator, but a manifestation of God, who is the in another form The Creator.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:50 pm
You forgot about the flux capacitor.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 12:25 pm
ok...read colossians 1:16 and tell me Jesus did not create the universe.....
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 01:21 pm
Micah:

Okay...

g-d created the bible so we know there is g-d. If there was not g-d there would not be the bible.

This is true, right?

Therefore,

g-d created the Koran so we know there is g-d. If there was not g-d there would not be the Koran.

This is true, right?

And also,

Aliens created the crop circles so we know there are aliens. If there were not aliens there would not be crop circles.

Is this not also true?

----

These are called circular arguments. They cite nothing for support other than the original argument.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:47 pm
The word "him" is ambigious b\c the verses leading up to 1:16 switch between refering to the Father and refering to the Son.

1:15 - Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature;
1:16 - For by him were all things created

Who is "him" refering to ? The last mentioned entity refered to is "the firstborn of every creature, who would be God (or the Father.) So if God is the firstborn, then it would seem logical that 1:16 would be refering to
God (the Father entity) as the Creator and not Jesus.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:57 pm
Thalion wrote:

Who is "him" refering to ? The last mentioned entity refered to is "the firstborn of every creature, who would be God (or the Father.) So if God is the firstborn, then it would seem logical that 1:16 would be refering to
God (the Father entity) as the Creator and not Jesus.

Firstly it can be seen that the title “firstborn” is used of people in the Bible who are not literally firstborn, but who have the position of firstborn. Psalm 89:27-29, speaking of David says,“Also I will make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for him forever, And My covenant shall stand firm with him. His seed also I will make to endure forever, And his throne as the days of heaven.”

Jesus is also called the firstborn from the dead.

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth (Revelation 1:5).

Jesus is called the firstborn of all creation. This does not mean that He is a created being. The idea is that Jesus has preeminence over all creation.

The word translated, “firstborn” can refer to preeminence in rank or preeminence in time. The context will determine.

John 1:1-3 speaks clearly on the matter, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

No scholars interpret the colossians passage the way you do.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 05:25 pm
Ahh, now I see. Thanks for correcting me. I hadn't related Jesus with Creation; I had related only the Father with Creation, although all Creation occurs Through Jesus. I admit my error.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 05:42 pm
no problem....i only realized this myself a few years ago.....

always remember to interpret vague scripture in light of clear scripture....
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 07:38 pm
What if the scripture was intended to be vague?
(or there is no real interpretation)

You did not address my previous question.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:37 pm
which question portal star? the one about the crop circles??
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:42 pm
yes, the one about crop circles, the argument you gave jesus/G-ds existance, and the argument for the existance of the g-d in the Koran.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 09:09 pm
Portal Star wrote:
Micah:g-d created the bible so we know there is g-d. If there was not g-d there would not be the bible.
This is true, right?
Therefore,
g-d created the Koran so we know there is g-d. If there was not g-d there would not be the Koran.
This is true, right?

of the worlds religions, Christianty is the only one that would stand up in court. there were hundreds of people who saw Jesus after his crucifixion. this fact was recorded in documents other than just the bible.
many people who confessed this fact knew they would die for it, and they did die.....no other event has ever split history.....the old testament prophecies about Jesus were WAY too specific to be self-fullfilling or lucky.................and a lot of other reasons too......
0 Replies