micah

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 11:39 pm
the bible says, that in the last days, Gods spirit would be poured out. is it unreasonable that Jesus would have things to say to us today even if we are still thousands of years from the 'last days', to those who have the ears to hear? does he not love us so?

i believe i have found some of his words to us today.....and i would like to present those to you now...please share your thoughts and put these words to the test....i apologize for 'all caps'....i believe with all my heart that these are the words of Jesus....there is a lot....i will present a little at a time and see how it goes....i also apologize for any spelling/grammatical errors.......we'll start here:

I STAND BETWEEN THE YEARS. THE LIGHT OF MY PRESENCE IS FLUNG ACROSS THE YEARS TO COME-THE RADIANCE OF THE SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. BACKWARD, OVER THE PAST YEAR, IS MY SHADOW THROWN, HIDING TROUBLE AND SORROW AND DISAPPOINTMENT.

DWELL NOT ON THE PAST-ONLY ON THE PRESENT. ONLY USE THE PAST AS THE TREES USE MY SUNLIGHT TO ABSORB IT, TO MAKE FROM IT IN AFTER DAYS THE WARMING FIRE RAYS. SO STORE ONLY THE BLESSINGS FROM ME, THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. ENCOURAGE YOURSELVES BY THE THOUGHT OF THESE.

BURY EVERY FEAR OF THE FUTURE, OF POVERTY FOR THOSE DEAR TO YOU, OF SUFFERING, OF LOSS. BURY ALL THOUGHT OF UNKINDNESS AND BITTERNESS, ALL YOUR DISLIKES, YOUR RESENTMENTS, YOUR SENSE OF FAILURE, YOUR DISSAPPOINMENTS IN OTHERS AND IN YOURSELVES, YOUR GLOOM, YOUR DESPONDANCY, AND LET US LEAVE THEM ALL, BURIED, AND GO FORWARD TO A NEW AND RISEN LIFE.

REMEMBER THAT YOU MUST NOT SEE AS THE WORLD SEES. I HOLD THE YEAR IN MY HANDS-IN TRUST FOR YOU. BUT I SHALL GUIDE YOU ONE DAY AT A TIME.

LEAVE THE REST WITH ME. YOU MUST NOT ANTICIPATE THE GIFT BY FEARS OR THOUGHTS OF THE DAYS AHEAD.

AND FOR EACH DAY I SHALL SUPPLY THE WISDOM AND THE STRENGTH
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,965 • Replies: 92
No top replies

husker

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 11:58 pm
How have you tested these words?

BTW - welcome to A2K
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 12:02 am
micah, welcome to A2K.

Do you have any guesses as to why Jesus promised to return within the lifetime of his disciples, but failed to do so? Why do you suppose that after almost two millennia he has still not returned? Why do you suppose that God has not seen fit to update his Holy Word to address the challenges of living in a modern society?

Instead of apologizing for shouting at us by using all caps, why didn't you just TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK?
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 12:09 am
Terry wrote:
micah, welcome to A2K.

Do you have any guesses as to why Jesus promised to return within the lifetime of his disciples, but failed to do so? Why do you suppose that after almost two millennia he has still not returned? Why do you suppose that God has not seen fit to update his Holy Word to address the challenges of living in a modern society?

Instead of apologizing for shouting at us by using all caps, why didn't you just TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK?

this page: Moderator- (edit) link removed. reflects much of my thinking.....thanks for the welcome....

re: caps lock...i do apologize...i have a lot of it pre-typed....however, i offer another part:

YOU ARE TO HELP TO SAVE OTHERS. NEVER LET ONE DAY PASS WHEN YOU HAVE NOT REACHED OUT AN ARM OF LOVE TO SOMEONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOME-A NOTE, A LETTER, A VISIT, HELP IN SOME WAY.

BE FULL OF JOY. JOY SAVES. JOY CURES. JOY IN ME. IN EVERY RAY OF SUNLIGHT, EVERY SMILE, EVERY ACT OF KINDNESS, OR LOVE, EVERY TRIFLING SERVICE-JOY

EACH DAY DO SOMETHING TO LIFT ANOTHER SOUL OUT OF THE SEA OF SIN, OR DISEASE OR DOUBT INTO WHICH MAN HAS FALLEN. I STILL WALK DAY TO DAY BY THE LAKESIDE AND CALL MY DISCIPLES TO FOLLOW ME AND BECOME FISHERS OF MEN.

THE HELPING HAND IS NEEDED THAT RAISES THE HELPLESS TO COURAGE, TO STRUGGLE, TO FAITH, TO HEALTH. LOVE AND LAUGH. LOVE AND LAUGHTER ARE THE BECKONERS TO FAITH AND COURAGE AND SUCCESS. TRUST ON, LOVE ON, JOY ON.

REFUSE TO BE DOWNCAST. REFUSE TO BE CHECKED IN YOUR UPWARD CLIMB. LOVE AND LAUGH. I AM WITH YOU. I BEAR YOUR BURDENS. CAST YOUR BURDEN UPON ME AND I WILL SUSTAIN THEE. AND THEN IN VERY LIGHTHEARTEDNESS YOU TURN AND HELP ANOTHER WITH THE BURDEN THAT IS PRESSING TOO HEAVILY UPON HIM OR HER.

HOW MANY BURDENS CAN YOU LIGHTEN THIS YEAR? HOW MANY HEARTS CAN YOU CHEER? HOW MANY SOULS CAN YOU HELP?

AND IN GIVING YOU GAIN: "GOOD MEASURE, PRESSED DOWN AND RUNNING OVER." I YOUR LORD HAVE SAID IT.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 12:15 am
husker wrote:

reading them....slowly....with an open mind....
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:43 am
Where did yo "find" these?

I find it interesting that he would tell us not to worry about the troubles of the future and then bring many calamities to mind that we can't help but worry about.

Why does he tell us not to think in the past when he talks about the past himself?

Why should we only think in the present? Does he give any sort of reason at all?

Why does he quote himself when in many instances in the bible he simply repeats what he has said?

Is the reason that you chose the name Micah because you consider yourself a prophet or do you just like the name?
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:13 am
Individual wrote:

Is the reason that you chose the name Micah because you consider yourself a prophet or do you just like the name?

my name is Micah. in time i will reveal where i found these words, and perhaps some of your questions will be answered.

here is more:

YOU MUST BE RENEWED, REMADE. CHRIST. CHRIST. CHRIST. EVERYTHING MUST REST ON ME. FORCE IS BORN OF REST. ONLY LOVE IS A CONQUERING FORCE. BE NOT AFRAID, I WILL HELP YOU.

BE CHANNELS BOTH OF YOU. MY SPIRIT SHALL FLOW THROUGH AND MY SPIRIT SHALL, IN FLOWING THROUGH, SWEEP AWAY ALL THE BITTER PAST.

TAKE HEART, GOD LOVES. GOD HELPS. GOD FIGHTS. GOD WINS. YOU SHALL SEE. YOU SHALL KNOW. THE WAY WILL OPEN. ALL MY LOVE HAS EVER PLANNED, ALL MY LOVE HAS EVER THOUGHT, YOU SHALL SEE EACH DAY UNFOLD. ONLY BE TAUGHT. JUST BE A CHILD. A CHILD NEVER QUESTIONS PLANS. IT ACCEPTS GLADLY.

ALL IS WELL. WONDERFUL THINGS ARE HAPPENING. DO NOT LIMIT GOD AT ALL. HE CARES AND PROVIDES.

UPROOT SELF-THE CHANNEL BLOCKER. DO NOT PLAN AHEAD, THE WAY WILL UNFOLD STEP BY STEP. LEAVE TO-MORROW'S BURDEN. CHRIST IS THE GREAT BURDEN BEARER. YOU CANNOT BEAR HIS LOAD AND HE ONLY EXPECTS YOU TO CARRY A LITTLE DAY-SHARE.

LOVE ME AND DO MY WILL. NO EVIL SHALL BEFALL YOU. TAKE NO THOUGHT FOR TO-MORROW. REST IN MY PRESENCE BRINGS PEACE. GOD WILL HELP YOU. DESIRE BRINGS FULFILLMENT. PEACE LIKE A QUIET FLOWING RIVER CLEANSES, SWEEPS ALL IRRITANTS AWAY.

YOU SHALL BE TAUGHT, CONTINUE THESE PRAYER-TIMES, EVEN IF THEY SEEM FRUITLESS. THE DEVIL WILL TRY BY ANY MEANS TO STOP THEM. HEED HIM NOT. HE WILL SAY EVIL SPIRITS WILL ENTER IN. HEED HIM NOT.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:19 am
Reads a little like the wrapper on Dr. Bronner's soap...

Sounds a little like the Taliban...
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:23 am
sealpoet, while that is quite funny, i ask you to tread lightly on my treasure...

here is a bit more:

REST YOUR NERVES. TIRED NERVES ARE A REFLECTION ON, NOT OF, GOD'S POWER. HOPE ALL THE TIME.

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF POVERTY. LET MONEY FLOW FREELY. I WILL LET IT FLOW IN BUT YOU MUST LET IT FLOW OUT. I NEVER SEND MONEY TO STAGNATE-ONLY TO THOSE WHO PASS IT ON. KEEP NOTHING FOR YOURSELF. HOARD NOTHING. ONLY HAVE WHAT YOU NEED AND USE. THIS IS MY LAW OF DISCIPLE-SHIP.

YOU MUST PRAY. THE WAY WILL OPEN. GOD CARES AND HIS PLANS UNFOLD. JUST LOVE AND WAIT.

LOVE IS THE KEY. NO DOOR IS TOO DIFFICULT FOR IT TO OPEN.

WHAT CAUSE HAVE YOU TO FEAR? HAS HE NOT CARED FOR AND PROTECTED YOU? HOPE ON. HOPE GLADLY. HOPE WITH CERTAINTY. BE CALM, CALM IN MY POWER.

NEVER NEGLECT THESE TIMES, PRAY AND READ YOUR BIBLE AND TRAIN AND DISCIPLINE YOURSELF. THAT IS YOUR WORK-MINE TO USE YOU. BUT MY INSTRUMENTS MUST BE SHARP AND READY. THEN I USE THEM.

DISCIPLINE AND PERFECT YOURSELVES AT ALL COSTS. DO THIS FOR VERY SOON EVERY FLEETING THOUGHT WILL BE ANSWERED, EVERY WISH GRATIFIED, EVERY DEED USED. IT IS A FEARFUL POWER, A MIGHTY POWER. OH! BE CAREFUL THAT YOU ASK NOTHING AMISS-NOTHING THAT IS NOT ACCORDING TO MY SPIRIT.

ALL THOUGHTS HARMFUL MUST BE TURNED OUT. MIRACLE-WORKING POWER CAN BECOME WITCHERY IN WRONG HANDS. SEE HOW NECESSARY I HAVE MADE THE PURITY AND GOODNESS OF YOUR OWN LIVES TO YOU. THAT IS WHY. SOON, VERY SOON, YOU SHALL ASK AND AT ONCE IT WILL COME. WELCOME THE TRAINING. WITHOUT IT I DARE NOT GIVE YOU THIS POWER. IT WOULD DO HARM.

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT OTHERS' LIVES. THAT WILL ALL COME RIGHT. YOU MUST PERFECT YOURSELVES FIRST IN MY STRENGTH.

WAIT. WONDERS ARE UNFOLDING. TREMBLE WITH AWE. NO MAN CAN STAND UPON THE THRESHOLD OF ETERNITY UNSHAKEN. I GIVE UNTO YOU ETERNAL LIFE. A FREE GIFT, A WONDERFUL GIFT-THE LIFE OF THE AGES.

SILENTLY COMES THE KINGDOM. NO MAN CAN JUDGE WHEN IT ENTERS THE HEART OF MAN, ONLY IN RESULTS. LISTEN QUIETLY. SOMETIMES YOU MAY GET NO MESSAGE. MEET THUS ALL THE SAME. YOU WILL ABSORB AN ATMOSPHERE.

CULTIVATE SILENCE. "GOD SPEAKS IN SILENCES." A SILENCE, A SOFT WIND. EACH CAN BE A MESSAGE TO THE HEART, THOUGH BY NO VOICE, OR EVEN WORD.

EACH WORD OR THOUGHT OF YOURS CAN BE LIKE A PEARL THAT YOU DROP INTO THE SECRET PLACE OF ANOTHER HEART, AND IN SOME HOUR OF NEED, LO! THE RECIPIENT FINDS THE TREASURE AND REALIZES FOR THE FIRST TIME ITS VALUE.

DO NOT BE TOO READY TO DO. JUST BE. I SAID, "BE YE THEREFORE PERFECT" AND NOT "DO" PERFECT THINGS. TRY AND GRASP THIS. INDIVIDUAL EFFORT AVAILS NOTHING. IT IS ONLY THE WORK OF THE UNIVERSAL SPIRIT-MY SPIRIT, THAT COUNTS.

DWELL IN THOUGHT ON THIS, MORE AND MORE, SAINTS HAVE TAKEN A LIFE-TIME TO GRASP IT.

LIFE WITH ME IS NOT IMMUNITY FROM DIFFICULTY, BUT PEACE IN DIFFICULTIES. MY GUIDANCE IS OFTEN BY SHUT DOORS. LOVE BANGS AS WELL AS OPENS.
0 Replies

abeltoask

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:50 am
Thank you Micah,

I really delighted in hearing that. I forget to often that I only know what I want. But God, whatever name you want to give it , knows exactly what I need. Joys and sorrows are just two sides of the same coin. You can't have one without the other. They are of equal purpose in my life.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:55 am
Thank you for seeing the humor in my remarks. I do mean what I say about Dr. Bronner's...

THE THING ABOUT CAPSLOCK IS THAT IT MAKES THINGS VERY DIFFICULT TO READ. IF SOMETHING IS DIFFICULT TO READ, MOST PEOPLE WON'T READ IT.

Personally, I have issues with this being 'the words of jesus'. Jesus was an excellent communicator, his typing and grammer would be much more facile.

Nevertheless... the text is passing fair. Reminds me a bit of the poetry of Rumi or Hafiz in the unabashed joy in the works of the Creator.

I do not like the use of the first person without having some credit to who the actual author is. If you believe that you are personally channeling the true, unheard, words of the Saviour, then you are perhaps preaching to the wrong congregation.

Personally... I'm one of those dreaded Unitarians. I'm perfectly willing to accept that these words are valid for you. I'll do a theological cut-&-paste to fit the parts I like into my own belief system... or not. Fair enough?

I probably will not have time to get into much more discussion for several days. This does not mean that I am ignoring you. If you want me you can use the 'PM' or 'Personal Message' feature of this board to reach me.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:57 am
micah wrote:
husker wrote:

reading them....slowly....with an open mind....

Maybe it was too open and some gooey stuff dribbled out... And then it closed itself again.

It's funny how the very devout think that shouting their beloved passages will make "blind people see" and heretics conform. As if, living in a predominantly Christian nation, we have never heard passages from pleasant bible. BTW, Micah, if you want any credibility at all you should give the appropriate passages of which religious book you are using for your sources. (Unless, of course, you think you are Jesus, then go ahead)
Did you know Micah is a Jewish (old testament) name? I have always liked it.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:05 am
SealPoet wrote:

Personally, I have issues with this being 'the words of jesus'. Jesus was an excellent communicator, his typing and grammer would be much more facile.

I do not like the use of the first person without having some credit to who the actual author is. If you believe that you are personally channeling the true, unheard, words of the Saviour, then you are perhaps preaching to the wrong congregation.

these words were not given directly to me...i am merely a messenger.....the typing is mine and may contain minor errors....in my heart....i believe these are the words of Jesus...

JOY IS THE RESULT OF FAITHFUL TRUSTING ACCEPTANCE OF MY WILL, WHEN IT SEEMS NOT JOYOUS.

ST. PAUL, MY SERVANT, LEARNT THIS LESSON OF THE BANGED DOORS WHEN HE SAID, "OUR LIGHT AFFLICTION, WHICH IS BUT FOR A MOMENT, WORKETH FOR US A FAR MORE EXCEEDING AND ETERNAL WEIGHT OF GLORY." EXPECT REBUFFS UNTIL THIS IS LEARNED-IT IS THE ONLY WAY.

JOY IS THE DAUGHTER OF CALM.

BE CALM, NO MATTER WHAT MAY BEFALL YOU. REST IN ME. BE PATIENT, AND LET PATIENCE HAVE HER PERFECT WORK. NEVER THINK THINGS OVERWHELMING. HOW CAN YOU BE OVERWHELMED WHEN I AM WITH YOU?

DO NOT FEEL THE STRAIN OF LIFE. THERE IS NO STRAIN FOR MY CHILDREN. DO YOU NOT SEE I AM THE MASTER INSTRUMENT-MAKER? HAVE I NOT FASHIONED EACH PART? DO I NOT KNOW JUST WHAT IT CAN BEAR WITHOUT A STRAIN? WOULD I, THE MAKER OF SO DELICATE AN INSTRUMENT, ASK OF IT ANYTHING THAT COULD DESTROY OR STRAIN?

NO! THE STRAIN IS ONLY WHEN YOU ARE SERVING ANOTHER MASTER, THE WORLD, FAME, THE GOOD OPINION OF MEN-OR CARRYING TWO DAYS' BURDEN ON THE ONE DAY.

REMEMBER THAT IT MUST NOT BE.

WHEN YOU COME TO ME, AND I GIVE YOU THAT ETERNAL LIFE I GIVE TO ALL WHO BELIEVE IN ME, IT ALTERS YOUR WHOLE EXISTENCE, THE WORDS YOU SPEAK, THE INFLUENCES YOU HAVE.

THESE ARE ALL ETERNAL. THEY MUST BE. THEY SPRING FROM THE LIFE WITHIN YOU, MY LIFE, ETERNAL LIFE, SO THAT THEY TOO LIVE FOREVER. NOW, YOU SEE HOW VAST, HOW STUPENDOUS, IS THE WORK OF ANY SOUL THAT HAS ETERNAL LIFE. THE WORDS, THE INFLUENCES, GO ON DOWN THE AGES FOREVER.

YOU MUST PONDER ON THESE TRUTHS I GIVE YOU. THEY ARE NOT SURFACE FACTS, BUT THE SECRETS OF MY KINGDOM, THE HIDDEN PEARLS OF RARE PRICE.

MEDITATE UPON THEM. WORK AT THEM IN YOUR MINDS AND HEARTS.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:34 am
CRY UNTO ME, AND I WILL HEAR YOU AND BLESS YOU. USE MY UNLIMITED STORES FOR YOUR NEEDS AND THOSE OF OTHERS. SEEK MY WONDERFUL TRUTHS AND YOU WILL FIND.

THERE MAY COME TIMES WHEN YOU SIT IN SILENCE, WHEN IT SEEMS AS IF YOU WERE LEFT ALONE. THEN, I COMMAND-COMMAND-YOU TO REMEMBER I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU, AS I SPOKE AT EMMAUS.

BUT THERE WAS THE TIME IN THE UPPER ROOM, AFTER MY ASCENSION, WHEN MY DISCIPLES HAD TO COMFORT THEMSELVES BY SAYING, "DID HE NOT SPEAK TO US BY THE WAY?"

YOU WILL HAVE THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF MY PRESENCE WHEN YOU HEAR NO VOICE. ABIDE IN THAT PRESENCE. "I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD," BUT SOMETIMES IN TENDER PITY, I WITHOLD TOO GLARING A LIGHT, LEST, IN ITS DAZZLING BRIGHTNESS, YOU SHOULD MISS YOUR DAILY PATH AND WORK.

NOT UNTIL HEAVEN IS REACHED, DO SOULS SIT AND DRINK IN THE ECTASY OF GODS REVELATION TO HIS OWN. AT THE MOMENT YOU ARE PILGRIMS AND NEED ONLY YOUR DAILY MARCHING ORDERS, AND STRENGTH AND GUIDANCE FOR THE DAY.

OH! LISTEN TO MY VOICE, EAGERLY, JOYFULLY. NEVER CROWD IT OUT. I HAVE NO RIVAL CLAIMANTS AND IF MEN SEEK THE BABBLE OF THE WORLD, THEN I WITHDRAW,

LIFE HAS HURT YOU. ONLY SCARRED LIVES CAN REALLY SAVE. YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE DISCIPLINE. MY CHILDREN, TRUST ME ALWAYS. NEVER REBEL.

THE TRUST GIVEN TO ME TO-DAY, TAKES AWAY THE ACHE OF REFLECTION OF MY LOVE, THAT I SUFFERED ON EARTH, AND HAVE SUFFERED THROUGH THE AGES. "I DIED FOR YOU, MY CHILDREN, AND COULD YE TREAT ME SO?"

YOU MUST SAY "THANK YOU" FOR EVERYTHING, EVEN SEEMING TRIALS AND WORRIES.

JOY IS THE WHOLE BEING'S ATTITUDE OF "THANK YOU" TO ME. BE GLAD. REJOICE. A FATHER LOVES TO SEE HIS CHILDREN HAPPY.

I AM REVEALING SO MUCH TO YOU. PASS IT ON. EACH TRUTH IS A JEWEL. SOME POOR SPIRIT-IMPOVERISHED FRIEND WILL BE GLAD OF IT. DROP ONE HERE AND THERE.

SEEK TO FIND A HEART-HOME FOR EACH TRUTH I HAVE IMPARTED TO YOU. MORE TRUTHS WILL FLOW IN. USE ALL I GIVE YOU. HELP OTHERS. I ACHE TO FIND A WAY INTO EACH LIFE AND HEART, FOR ALL TO CRY EXPECTANTLY, "EVEN SO, COME LORD JESUS."
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 01:25 pm
Terry wrote:

Do you have any guesses as to why Jesus promised to return within the lifetime of his disciples, but failed to do so?

i have several thoughts on this....research amillenialism for such answers...

and to the moderators....i hope you do not think i am 'flooding' this board...i assume you will let me know if this in inappropriate....

NEVER DESPAIR, NEVER DESPOND. BE JUST A CHANNEL OF HELPFULNESS FOR OTHERS.

HAVE MORE SYMPATHY. FEEL MORE TENDERNESS TOWARD OTHERS. YOUR LIVES SHALL NOT BE ALL CARE. GOLD DOES NOT STAY IN THE CRUCIBLE-ONLY UNTIL IT IS REFINED. ALREADY I HEAR THE MUSIC AND THE MARCHING OF THE UNSEEN HOST, REJOICING AT YOUR VICTORY.

NO FOLLOWER OF MINE WOULD EVER ERR OR FALL, IF ONCE THE VEIL WERE WITHDRAWN WHICH PREVENTS HIM SEEING HOW THESE SLIPS DELIGHT THE EVIL SPIRITS, AND THE PAIN AND DISSAPOINTMENT OF THOSE WHO LONG FOR HIM TO CONQUER IN MY STRENGTH AND NAME, AND THE ECSTASY OF REJOICING WHEN VICTORY IS WON.

MY STRENGTH IS THE SAME AS THAT IN WHICH I CONQUERED SATAN IN THE WILDERNESS-DEPRESSION AND SORROW IN THE GARDEN, AND EVEN DEATH ON CALVARY.

THINK OF THAT
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:09 pm
Jesus did "return" during the life of his disciples through his resurection, no? Also, I don't see that "disciples" requires that it be the 12 Apostles. Maybe it means He will return during the life of His people and preachers (that doesn't help us much though....)

Micah, in what context are you believing that these words are from Jesus? Some people are kind of wondering. Is this some vision or something that you got these words through? Are you sitting at your computer typing what you think of (which you believe to be instilled in you by Jesus) ?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:50 pm
Micah, the whole piece is riddled with the inconstancies that man is so fond of. You obviously wrote it and you definitely think that it is true. If you hope to convince anyone and be a good sheep, here are some problems that I found. And please answer my previous and new questions.

"Be channels both of you"
Both of who? Who are you talking about?

Why does "Jesus" talk about the future after he specifically told us not to think about it?

"Uproot self"
No question here, just sounds like a great way to start a cult following.

"Tremble with awe"
It sounds like he's trying to instigate fear when he just told us not to be afraid.

"'God speaks in silences'"
Again, the text of jesus never had quotations.

You say that we cannot be overwhelmed, but when we are we should take a little at a time. Why would he tell us what to do in a situation that he just told us could not occur?
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:11 pm
Individual wrote:
Micah, You obviously wrote it .

i did not....

Individual wrote:

"Be channels both of you"
Both of who? Who are you talking about?

these words were delivered to two women who wrote down all...on a side note i am a 26 year old male....

Individual wrote:

Why does "Jesus" talk about the future after he specifically told us not to think about it?

well....he didn't say, "never think about the future!".........he said, "don't WORRY about the future"....

Individual wrote:

"Uproot self"
No question here, just sounds like a great way to start a cult following.

does the bible not also discuss getting rid of 'self'??

Individual wrote:

"Tremble with awe"
It sounds like he's trying to instigate fear when he just told us not to be afraid.

awe is not fear

Individual wrote:

"'God speaks in silences'"
Again, the text of jesus never had quotations.

i did not add these quotations, nor can i explain them

Individual wrote:

You say that we cannot be overwhelmed, but when we are we should take a little at a time. Why would he tell us what to do in a situation that he just told us could not occur?

if i remember right he asks, "how can you be overwhelmed?"

GLAD INDEED ARE THE SOULS WITH WHOM I WALK. WALKING WITH ME IS SECURITY. THE COMING OF MY SPIRIT INTO A LIFE, AND ITS WORKING ARE IMPERCEPTABLE, BUT THE RESULT IS MIGHTY.

LEARN OF ME. KILL THE SELF. EVERY BLOW TO SELF IS USED TO SHAPE THE REAL, ETERNAL, IMPERISHABLE YOU.

BE VERY CANDID AND RIGOROUS WITH YOURSELVES. "DID SELF PROMPT THAT?" AND IF IT DID, OUST IT AT ALL COSTS.

WHEN I DIED ON THE CROSS, I DIED EMBODYING ALL THE HUMAN SELF. ONCE THAT WAS CRUCIFIED, I COULD CONQUER EVEN DEATH.

WHEN I BORE YOUR SINS IN MY OWN BODY ON THE TREE I BORE THE SELF-HUMAN NATURE OF THE WORLD. AS YOU TOO KILL SELF, YOU GAIN THE OVERWHELMING POWER I RELEASED FOR A WEARY WORLD, AND YOU TOO WILL BE VICTORIOUS.

IT IS NOT LIFE AND ITS DIFFICULTIES YOU HAVE TO CONQUER, ONLY THE SELF IN YOU. AS I SAID TO MY DISCIPLES, "I HAVE MANY THINGS TO SAY TO YOU BUT YOU CANNOT BEAR THEM NOW." YOU COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THEM. BUT AS YOU GO ON OBEYING ME AND WALKING WITH ME, AND LISTENING TO ME, YOU WILL, AND THEN YOU WILL SEE HOW GLORIOUS, HOW MARVELOUS MY REVELATIONS ARE, AND MY TEACHINGS.

RELAX, DO NOT GET TENSE, HAVE NO FEAR. ALL IS FOR THE BEST. HOW CAN YOU FEAR CHANGE WHEN YOUR LIFE IS HID WITH ME IN GOD, WHO CHANGETH NOT-AND I AM THE SAME YESTERDAY, TO-DAY, AND FOR EVER.

YOU MUST LEARN POISE, SOUL-BALANCE AND POISE, IN A VACILLATING, CHANGING WORLD.

CLAIM MY POWER. THE SAME POWER WITH WHICH I CAST OUT DEVILS IS YOUR TO-DAY. USE IT. IF NOT, I WITHDRAW IT. USE IT CEASELESSLY.

YOU CANNOT ASK TOO MUCH. NEVER THINK YOU ARE TOO BUSY. AS LONG AS YOU GET BACK TO ME AND REPLENISH AFTER EACH TASK NO WORK CAN BE TOO MUCH. MY JOY I GIVE YOU. LIVE IN IT. BATHE YOUR SPIRIT IN IT. REFLECT IT.

IT IS THE DAILY STRIVINGS THAT COUNT, NOT THE MOMENTARY HEIGHTS. THE OBEYING OF MY WILL DAY IN, DAY OUT, IN THE WILDERNESS PLAINS, RATHER THAN THE OCCASIONAL MOUNT OF TRANSFIGURATION.

PERSERVERANCE IS NOWHERE NEEDED SO MUCH AS IN THE RELIGIOUS LIFE. THE DRUDGERY OF THE KINGDOM IT IS THAT SECURES MY INTIMATE FRIENDSHIP. I AM THE LORD OF LITTLE THINGS, THE DIVINE CONTROL OF LITTLE HAPPENINGS.

NOTHING IN THE DAY IS TOO SMALL TO BE A PART OF MY SCHEME. THE LITTLE STONES IN A MOSAIC PLAY A BIG PART.

JOY IN ME. JOY IS THE GOD-GIVEN CEMENT THAT SECURES THE HARMONY AND BEAUTY OF MY MOSAIC.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:12 pm
I don't know if Jesus ever told his disciples that he would return during their lives; except that he explicitly said he'd be back (resurrected) in 3 days, which he did. Granted, he did say he'd be back in the millennial sense of the term, and gave the disciples no reason as far as we read to believe that he wouldn't come back for 2,000 years, but he never said he'd be back within their lives.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:25 pm
SILENCE. BE SILENT BEFORE ME. SEEK TO KNOW, AND THEN DO MY WILL IN ALL THINGS.

ABIDE IN MY LOVE. AN ATMOSPHERE OF LOVING UNDERSTANDING TO ALL MEN. THIS IS YOUR PART TO CARRY OUT, AND THEN I SURROUND YOU WITH A PROTECTIVE SCREEN THAT KEEPS ALL EVIL FROM YOU. IT IS FASHIONED BY YOUR OWN ATTITUDE OF MIND, WORDS, AND DEEDS, TOWARDS OTHERS.

I WANT TO GIVE YOU ALL THINGS, GOOD MEASURE, PRESSED DOWN AND RUNNING OVER. BE QUICK TO LEARN. YOU KNOW LITTLE YET OF THE DIVINE IMPATIENCE WHICH LONGS TO RUSH TO GIVE. DOES ONE WORRYING THOUGHT ENTER YOUR MIND, ONE IMPATIENT THOUGHT? FIGHT IT AT ONCE.

LOVE AND TRUST ARE THE SOLVENTS FOR THE WORRY AND CARES AND FRETS OF A LIFE. APPLY THEM AT ONCE. YOU ARE CHANNELS AND THOUGH THE CHANNEL MAY NOT BE ALTOGETHER BLOCKED, FRET AND IMPATIENCE AND WORRY CORODE, AND IN TIME WOULD BECOME BEYOND YOUR HELP.

PERSERVERE, OH! PERSERVERE. NEVER LOSE HEART. ALL IS WELL.

PRAY DAILY FOR FAITH. IT IS MY GIFT.

IT IS YOUR ONLY REQUISITE FOR THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF MIGHTY DEEDS. CERTAINLY YOU HAVE TO WORK, YOU HAVE TO PRAY, BUT UPON FAITH ALONE DEPENDS THE ANSWER TO YOUR PRAYERS-YOUR WORKS.

I GIVE IT TO YOU IN RESPONSE TO YOUR PRAYER, BECAUSE IT IS THE NECESSARY WEAPON FOR YOU TO POSSESS FOR THE DISPERSION OF EVIL,-THE OVERCOMING OFF ALL ADVERSE CONDITIONS, AND THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF ALL GOOD IN YOUR LIVES, AND THEN YOU HAVING FAITH, GIVE IT BACK TO ME. IT IS THE ENVELOPE IN WHICH EVERY REQUEST TO ME SHOULD BE PLACED.

AND YET, "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD." SO YOU NEED WORKS TOO, TO FEED YOUR FAITH IN ME. AS YOU SEEK TO DO, YOU FEEL YOUR HELPLESSNESS. YOU THEN TURN TO ME. IN KNOWING ME, YOUR FAITH GROWS-AND THAT FAITH IS ALL YOU NEED FOR MY POWER TO WORK.
0 Replies