"The Producers"

PDiddie

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 04:29 pm
I'm attending the Houston production this evening at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Here's a link.

I enjoyed the old Mel Brooks movie with Dom Deluise and Marty Feldman many years ago and am looking forward to its stage reincarnation.

Has anyone seen the Broadway version with Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane? That's really the be-all and end-all, I understand.

I'm already singing "Springtime for Hitler, and Germany..." Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,544 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 04:46 pm
Winter for Poland and France . . .

Don't be dumb, be schmarty
Come and join the Nazi party!

It was also the film debut for Gene Wilder, if i'm not mistaken. It's been one of my favorites since i saw it in the original release in 1969.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 07:12 pm
Me too, Set, me too. In fact, I liked the flick so well I'm reluctant to go see the stage version for fear it might spoil my memory of the original.

"Oh, I'm not the madam. I'm theconcierge."
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 12:29 am
Will post a review tomorrow, for those still waiting with bated breath.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:16 am
So?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:47 am
mac! Que pasta? :wink:

It was excellent, as you probably know.

"Beealleeschtock and Bluuuum..."

The fellow who was Cameron Frye in "Ferris Bueller", Alan Ruck, took over for Matt Broderick as Leo Bloom, the CPA-turned-producer. And Charley Izabella King and Lewis J. Stadlin came down from the Broadway production to Houston to reprise their roles as Ulla and Max Bialystock.

Moderned up for the millenium, with "Keep It Gay" almost over the top and the other numbers managed exceptionally down to the last detail (one of Liebkind's carrier pigeons had on a swastika wingband), this is something a theater geek like you needs to see.

Go. Hurry.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:02 am
I had the good fortune to see the NY production a while back. It is a lot of fun and I'm glad you got to see it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:16 am
I'm hoping to see the Toronto production with hamburger and mrs. hamburger after her recovery from today's eye surgery.

Really looking forward to it!
0 Replies