"The Sopranos"

Booman

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 05:24 pm
...Many critics and fans have expressed dissapointment in this season's Sopranos. I'd like to know if we as a group thought the season and the finale, was boring, more subtle and still riveting, or what. So as not to lead responses, I'll hold my opinion until we get a few.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,388 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 05:38 pm
I don't think the series deteriorated even while getting off track with such scenarios as the Columbus Day Parade which I thought devoted too much time to a storyline that just simple appeared and dissapeared altogether. They've picked up most of the sub-plots and left some unresolved for the final season. I think they spent more time on developing relationships between the characters without resorting to shock. It was a more pensive set of episodes and I suppose they have some events for the final season to knock our socks off.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 05:55 pm
You did realize this is the film section and there's an ongoing The Sopranos thread over at the TV section with the same poll?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 05:58 pm
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS! Embarrassed
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 03:26 pm
Moving this one to TV.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:23 am
I was wondering how that happened, Jespah. Gar-haarlee! Shocked
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 04:45 pm
They started re-runs of the Sopranos from the beginning.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:41 pm
Dang -- was it last night, Swimp? I missed it and I wanted to see the first episodes as I didn't get HBO until the second season.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 05:50 pm
Episode One is being repeated on the 8th and 9th and subsequently the traversal of the entire first four seasons:

HBO SOPRANOS RERUN SCHEDULE
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:41 pm
Anybody check out Kingpin? I thought it was a decent cross between Sopranos, and The Godfather. I liked this ruthless woman, she's going to give it, it's own identification.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2003 06:47 pm
Yep, LW. It was really fun to watch. I didn't have HBO before the last season, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
0 Replies