WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:05 am
Oh, Joe! Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:26 am
Before you read on, please understand that I was NOT intoxicated when my latest grimacing episode happened. Sober as a judge, I was!

You might remember my painful "wrist incident"? Well, it's slowly improving. Just the odd, nagging grimace now & then.

Well ..... now I've had an "ankle incident"!
Last night, on the way to dinner with my friend, A, I dropped a tissue. I leaned over to pick it up & stood on one of these little rock-hard berry things (like lillypilly fruit, but much harder .. more like bloody ball bearings!) which had fallen off the trees in the street & were lying all over the place. You know the rest! Yours truly went bum over head & twisted her ankle! Mad Shocked Luckily there was no one I wanted to impress around at the time. Embarrassed So we dusted me off & went on with our evening. My ankle was a little uncomfortable at that stage ... but when I awoke from my sleep around 3 am it was agony! Ouch, ouch, ouch! So I took one of the anti-inflammatory pills I had for the wrist <sigh> & went back to sleep. A bit better today, but I'm being very careful with it. So now I have a dodgy right wrist & a dodgy left ankle! I can't believe this! Is it some sort of omen, or something ...?
Anyway, I figure maybe I'd better stop rushing around the place & learn to walk in a more serene & lady-like fashion in the future! Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 08:24 am
Poor Msolga! Ouch!

And poor kitty... Joe, the kitten may have gotten there to keep warm?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 09:07 am
Ugh! Joe, we nearly had a cat die after a simlar experience. Sorry to hear it happened.

MsOlga - be careful!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 11:45 pm
too f*cking early..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:56 am
littlek wrote:
MsOlga - be careful!

I was very careful today, osso & k.
Didn't fall over anything at all! Surprised
So far, so good! Laughing

Touch wood!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:28 am
Dammit. Went through hell last week to finish a rush project. Managed to get it done for final looksee by the client on Friday, who had, what they said, were a few minor copy corrections that they would handle directly with the printer. Found out this morning that the corrections were not minor, that an entire page has been re-designed more or less by the printer's assistant and right now, I'm waiting for a pdf to see just how fucked up this one page has become. grrrr....

In the meantime, my partner in Chicago, after alerting me to the redesign by the printer, jumps down my throat because I did not alert her to what seemed like a minor change in the cropping of a small photo. Minor to me, not so minor to her. grrrr.....

All before 10AM. Not a good way to start the week.

Mad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:53 am
AND IT ALL COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IF MY PARTNER HAD DRUG HER ASS TO THE CLIENT WITH THE PROOF LIKE SHE USUALLY DOES.

It was all a big misunderstanding!! Which could have been avoided if Ms. I'm-Always-Right had followed protocol and physically taken the printer's proof to the client on Friday, as she has always done in the past, instead of letting them peruse it without her supervision and guidance.

Now, this client is in a new location, a much longer drive than before and I understand my partner not wanting to make the trek but, this is a result of not wanting to make the trek and we're going to have to have a little talk about that. And she's not going to like it because, of course, she's Ms. I'm- Always-Right.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 10:00 am
I'm familiar with her...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 10:01 am
Everybody's got one. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 11:27 am
Eyep.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:13 pm
eoe wrote:
Everybody's got one. Rolling Eyes

One?

Just one?

Hmmm. That means a bunch of other people must have dropped theirs off at my office. Confused
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 09:40 pm
yikes! Shocked
sorry.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 01:38 pm
I'm getting a company car for my new job. They told me it was either going to be an Accord or Camry....now I find out it's a f'n Taurus. Guess I can't complain about a free car...but I hate the Taurus.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 01:40 pm
Boooooy...
Are you out of your mind???! What in the sam hill is wrong with the Taurus? Especially when it's FREE!? Shocked
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 02:00 pm
eoe wrote:
Boooooy...
Are you out of your mind???! What in the sam hill is wrong with the Taurus? Especially when it's FREE!? Shocked

Guess nothing's wrong when it's free. I've just always hated driving them. Accords & Camrys are much better...sucks I was told one thing and delivered on another. If I was told upfront I was getting a Taurus, I never would have blinked.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 03:35 pm
ah, the old bait n' switch, eh? That's the thorn and a legitimate one.
Funny, I bought that up earlier today on another thread.

What don't you like about the Taurus? Alot of people jumped up and down about Accords but when I drove one, (back in 2000), I didn't get the big whoo. It's a nice enough car but what's all the excitement?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:05 pm
There's nothing exciting about driving any of them to me, and I'm going to sell my current car which is very fun to drive...but Accords handle better, better ergos, better ride, ect. over the Ford Suckus. Overall a much better car.

Plus the fact Hondas/Toyotas are more reliable than Fords make them a better value, which is why Hondas & Toyotas are the best selling cars.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:44 pm
Still miss our old Honda. Damn things retain their value like nobody's business, though -- not at all like a Ford.

Out here in the midwest it's cheap American sedan country, beat up not-very-old Cavaliers dragging rusted mufflers around on shattered roads. Never forget waiting at the bus stop one day in Chicago (where Milwaukee Ave. obliquely crosses Chicago Ave., I think it was) and seeing one Cavalier pushing another one through the intersection at a pretty good rate of speed, faint sparks flying beneath both cars. Ahhhh, American know-how.

As to the thread -- bunch of damned FIBs in town today for the Wisconsin-Illinois game tomorrow. Game weekends are always a pain in the ass, but there's something special about a confused FIB (F*cking Illinois Bastard) on the road. Slow, erratic, and oblivious.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 04:48 pm
i miss my old Accord as well. at least i learned that cars need antifreeze even in the summer... Confused
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 05:15:28