WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:07 pm
Interesting. All of my cars but the last two were 'stick shift' and I remember my palm hurting for a while at some point. Eek...

Continuing sympathy for those with hurting hands..
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:47 pm
I hope it isn't the same as carpal tunnel syndrome? I had to have that operated on eventually because the pain was too severe.

Changing gear didn't affect it though.

If it's like cts then the anti inflammatories should help dramatically and the splint too.

Look after that paw Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 06:08 am
Thanks for the tea & sympathy, folks! Very Happy

Much better today, with the anti-inflammatories, but they don't agree with my stomach, I'm afraid. The sooner I'm off 'em the better, I say!

Vivien, it's not the same as carpal tunnel syndrome. According to my doctor. Thank goodness!

So ..... is anyone grimacing about things other than dicky wrists?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 06:36 am
yes. about my dicky knee. which is either also straine, or else it might be (both wrist and knee) a part of chikungunya, a beautiful exotic disease spread by mosquitos in southern india. we shall see soon, but that would be bad news. joint pains for about half a year, with possible chronic arthritis as a lifelong souvenir. time to get some bloodwork done i suppose.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 06:39 am
Oh, dag! A dicky knee, too! Shocked
You poor thing, you're in the wars, aren't you?
Yes, do the blood tests & do them soon!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:14 am
I'm not feeling so great today...

I hate my job - I was abused (verbally) again this morning.

My customers don't see me as a human being.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:19 am
Aw, that's awful, Sarah .... that getting abused can almost become "part of the job".
I don't think it's that they fail to see you as a human being. It's more that they're (wrongly) taking their frustrations out on you. All the same, it's not fair, is it? ..... Sad
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:39 am
I know what you are saying...

I should try to put it in persective.

But.. I'm always really kind, I will use any discretion available to my customers advantage, but some things are mandatory, and some things ARE unfair.

I think we should have a code of behaviour that people should sign up to...

or posters, like they do in hospitals now.

Sorry to winge.

x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:49 am
You're not whingeing.

I do know how you feel.

There are some less than enchanting children that teachers meet in their classrooms, trust me. And some parents will defend their children's rights to be totally obnoxious, sadly.

Teachers, however are expected to be paragons of virtue & all times ... to be reasonable, patient & respectful.

There are times one can become a bit wilted while biting one's tongue! :wink:
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 10:22 am
Sympathy for that wrist, Olgs!

I'm grimacing about BT, our apology for a phone service. My mother-in-law is 90. She has a BT phone and a BT phoneline. She can ring out fine, but when she answers the phone it buzzes and nobody can hear her. She has reported it, through a series of Press 2 Press 8, key in this, key in thats, and in the end is rung by a giggling Indian that she can't understand, who says the line is working perfectly. She knows that. Has known it for some time. Eventually he says if she does various things (unplugging, unscrewing a socket, etc) and it still doesn't work an engineer will call. She can't do all that; and can't ring and ask for the engineer to come anyway because then she gets into the Press 3 system all over again, and they tell her robotically they have noted her complaint. She is happy to buy a new phone, if required, all she needs is to contact someone who can tell her what is wrong and if she needs a new phone. They encourage doing everything by internet, which she hasn't got, and yet there is nothing on their website remotely like a simple question of this type. Lots about the 50+ types of phone and service they want to sell you though.
AAAAAaaaagh!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 07:34 am
Sounds like Catch 22, Clary!
I suppose BT throws in "service charges" with each bill, too? Rolling Eyes
It must be driving your mother-in-law crazy.

(Thanks for the sympathy. A wee bit better today. Very Happy )
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 08:04 am
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 08:57 pm
WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

When I picked up what I thought was an empty coffee cup (to wash),
and spilled coffee all over me & the floor.
Had to change all my clothes (& clean the floor again!)

Not Happy Jan!!!! (An Aussie saying)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/hells/bb_genma_mad.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 09:01 pm
Grrring for eoe on both counts, but the first, the most.

It must be quite frustrating, and your friend may well be wrong re her editing.

Hope you are keeping copies of your own words pre editing.

I'd say from a bit of observation that I've never seen you blather on here on a2k, eoe. I'd tend to trust your initial self edit.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:12 pm
I worked pretty hard at work today, and prided myself on getting a lot done, while comforting myself that I'd have a nice, enojoyable Friday night.

Then my evening plans got all screwed up. It just doesn't seem right!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:31 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I'd say from a bit of observation that I've never seen you blather on here on a2k, eoe. I'd tend to trust your initial self edit.

Thanks osso. Smile

Sorry about your plans Stray Cat. Where's a "Cheers" bar when you need it, huh? Where everybody knows your name.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 06:37 pm
Exactly, eoe! I miss walking in the door and hearing everybody yell, "Stray Cat!!," while the bartender pours me a bowl of milk...sigh...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 09:08 am
Found out yesterday my girlfriend has bronchitis.

I feel ok now, which means she's lucky. Because if I get sick...I will crush her. LOL! OMG! STFU! LOLOLOL!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 09:12 am
eoe wrote:

That's interesting because I am in the reverse position, editing someone's manustript. As an editor you HAVE to let the voice through, even if you don't like its style. I confine myself where possible to correcting grammar, suggesting rewrite if something is obscure, and lots of encouragement!

My grump is that I had a wonderful lunch of a half duck and lots of wine but have used up my calorie allowance for the day, and it's so early!
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 08:13 pm
aageneral-What made you Grimace & and grit your teeth to
Have a mother cat with two kittens, this morning I went to my pick up, started the motor to back up, heard one hell'va sound for one of the kittens had crawled up on the engine of my pick up and the engine fan did the rest. Why did thid have to happen ?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:42:03