76

WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Region Philbis

1  
Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2019 08:54 am

chewing gum on the train, minding my own B I business, when the gum started to dissolve.

before i could get up and toss it in the trash, it lost all structural integrity and molecular cohesion!

spitting it out was no longer an option, so i did the only thing that wouldn't disgust the gal sitting next to me.

yup, i quietly swallowed it...
🤢

ehBeth

2  
Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2019 05:14 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/54258027_2119434641470069_1849778531043639296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=338a6d9932dc49dfc0623f407f22252d&oe=5CDEB4FF

2  
Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2019 10:26 pm
@ehBeth,
It keeps raining, and I want to paint the bench on our patio. I also want the rain to continue, because it helps the snow pack on the Sierra Nevada ⛰, and I don’t want to go through another water conservation program.

Below viewing threshold (view)
Region Philbis

2  
Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2020 08:34 am

https://i.imgur.com/I061oAz.jpg

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 11:56 am
Dumptruck on the track at the same time as a train near my home. As far as I know the driver survived.

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 02:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Couldn't do much grimacing as my temporary crown was swallowed. It was the second one, so I called my dentist this morning to tell her I wasn't wearing any more temporary crowns. She said, 'okay.' I read the bad news about them on the internet. They will come out, 'naturally,' usually in 7 to 10 days.

1  
Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2020 04:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh no edgar, that's awful. Not here in Texas, but in Florida when I would be in downtown Ft Lauderdale, there were/are train tracks that ran through the middle of downtown. There were traffic lights all over.

So many times, especially during rush hour, people would pull up right onto the tracks, knowing the light just ahead of them was red. If the car ahead of me did that, I'd stay well back so they could back up. In return, so many times the vechicle in back of me would blast their horn.

Otherwise, most of the time the vechicle behind the one sitting on the tracks would just pull right up to their bumper, blocking any way off the track. My heart would be in my throat.

When I was little we lived near RR tracks, and I would love to stand by them and watch the train whizz by.
At one time, the crossing there didn't have the barriers that would come down. Just the flashing lights.

One time, I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7, I was standing there looking at the train come closer and closer. Very exciting.
I turned my head and saw a car approaching my side of the tracks, at a normal driving speed, and the woman driving was staring daggers at me as she drove my way.
All I could think was that she thought I was going to, I don't know, throw a rock at her or run across the street or something.
The train was almost on top of us, and she was still driving and staring at me.
Maybe my petrified face read to her as mischief or bad intent, because the angry look on my face is seared in my mind.

I'm not exaggerating when I say she drove over those tracks when the train was barrelling down no more than mere feet away. She missed getting hit by a whisper.

This video below?
It is Exactly where I was standing 50 plus years ago when this happened. Train starts to come by at about 0:40.