WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Borat Sister

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 08:40 pm
@chai2,
Whoa! So sorry this happened. I had one the other day and was absolutely dreading it because I literally had wussed out for decades. I started having them in my twenties and they were murder....then I was assisting two friends with breast cancer and insanely stopped having them.

The one the other day was NOTHING. I’d heard the technology was way better, but this was better than I expected.

Do you think they really had **** technology or she was just not good at her job yet?

Hope the girls are feeling better today
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 12:30 am
@Borat Sister,
I think she didn’t know her job.

Oh yeah, technology has come a long way. At the A plus place not only are they fast and non eventful, their customer service is beyond compare. They actually have one staff member who is like a wandering concierge. Just helping in any way she can with the waiting patients.

Heh. Just remembered. One time when I was there a young woman who was mentally disabled was waiting for her mamm with I guess her mother. She was having a hard time waiting and was just not happy being there, period. The assistant at large was wonderful. Distracting her with games and soon the young woman bonded with her. So much so that the employee went in with her when it was her turn. I’m sure mom was grateful.

I didn’t even realize it at the time today, but I later realized I actually got queasy at one point from the combined pain of her manually compressing and pulling too hard and putting me in really awkward positions.

Most machines just automatically stop compressing when it senses it’s where it needs to be. This chick was actually manually turning the vise thing. I haven’t seen that done in Years.
The whole thing took like 4 times longer than usual.

No biggie really, just really unexpected and annoying
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2020 11:50 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

She was so damn concerned about me exposing my one breast, while the one she was scanning was sitting up on a shelf like a fish mongers display of codfish.

Ha, Chai, oh so true, your fishmonger analogy just made me laugh... it does frikken hurt, they always do that one extra little squeeze too. Hope your mammaries are recovering and it will be positive news.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2022 06:34 am

we lost power from 7:45 - 10:15 PM last night.

jespah remembered we had a citronella candle, so we fired it up and sat on the porch.

supper was peanut butter sammitches...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 04:52 am

yesterday i put out an old king-size mattress for today's garbage collection.

at some point last night, someone decided it was perfectly OK to move it thirty feet down the sidewalk, far away from our driveway...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2022 09:17 am

found a days-old red tail hawk carcass (maggot infested) in the backyard... 🤢

ah, the joys of owning your own home...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2023 02:27 pm

epic failure -- thawing frozen bananas...

during our weekly food-shop, we buy our usual 14 bananas (one for each day for each of us).

they are yellow, just a day or two away from perfection.

but the next day we have to go out of town last-minute, and there's no way to take them on the train... so what to do?

"let's freeze 'em," i proclaim.

(thought bubble -- what could possibly go wrong?)

fast-forward, we return from our trip, i take the now brown bananas out of the freezer, and set 'em down to thaw.

the next morning i take one off the bunch, and realize immediately that something has gone wrong, terribly wrong!

it didn't feel right to the touch, and there was a strange odor.

i unpeel it over the sink, and it sort of oozed out... 🤢

needless to say, i chucked the rest...
Builder

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2023 07:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
Peel and then freeze cavendish bananas. You can then use them as the base for nice cream, which is fruit based ice treat supremo. You can also use them for banana bread, or cake.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:57:48