WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:19 pm
sozobe wrote:
Well that was short-lived...

I got an extremely apologetic response to my email saying that they'd just put in a request for an interpreter and there was still a chance there would be one -- and then a couple of minutes later, yes, there will be one!

Sounds like the person who was in charge of "getting" an interpreter wasn't sure what was authorized in terms of $$, and that she got the go-ahead.

Whew!!

Pity about the tires, Slappy. (Didn't you just have to do this a little while ago?)

Great idea if you can swing it...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:41 am
Ah, I see you had one of those days, k!
So I guess you feel asleep on the couch at 8:30, or something like that? I know those days (in teaching) well!
Here's hoping today was a big improvement!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:58 am
Ouch!

I've done something to my wrist!
Damned if I know what, but it really hurts when I turn my right hand a certain way, try opening a screw top bottle, etc, etc ...
And it's quite swollen!

<whimper>

Sad
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:11 am
msolga wrote:
Ouch!

I've done something to my wrist!
Damned if I know what, but it really hurts when I turn my right hand a certain way, try opening a screw top bottle, etc, etc ...
And it's quite swollen!

<whimper>

Sad

sympathy Ms Olga (not much else I can do sorry)

Want me to kiss it better?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:13 am
yes

<sniff>

OUCH!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:14 am
& thanks for the sympathy, dadpad!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 07:56 am
OOoh, sorry msolga! Hope it fades soon.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 09:47 am
MsOlga, I can't remember if that was a night I fell asleep early. Last week is a blur!

What exactly did you do to your wrist? Do you remember injuring it?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 10:47 am
oh, a fellow injured wrister! i have a dorsal ganglion cyst - essentially a ruptured joint sack, when the fluid that's between joints leaks outside and makes a baloon that sticks out. eeewwwww.
anyway, i may have to have it taken out surgically.
hope yours is just strained, in any case, put heat on it, take ibuprofen or other inflammatory, and try to immobilize it for a few days. it ain't no joke. you need your wrists.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:41 am
Thanks, soz, k & dag for your concern about my wretched wrist!

I have no idea what the cause is but it's been quite swollen & very painful.
I went to the doctor last night who prescribed an Xray (which I just had tonight). He (the doctor) told me (after much prompting from me) that the cause could be anything from a sprain, arthritis, gout Shocked, etc, etc, etc ...
In the meantime I've been taking many Panadols & wincing a lot.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:41 am
Thanks, soz, k & dag for your concern about my wretched wrist!

I have no idea what the cause is but it's been quite swollen & very painful.
I went to the doctor last night who prescribed an Xray (which I just had tonight). He (the doctor) told me (after much prompting from me) that the cause could be anything from a sprain, arthritis, gout Shocked, etc, etc, etc ...
In the meantime I've been taking many Panadols & wincing a lot.

So how's your wrist today, dag?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:33 am
much better, thankee. swelling went down, i'm without the splint for the first day today. i'll still wear it during theatre practice though. still tender at times, but it does not look like i'll need surgery. probably just a longish break for my wrist.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:22 pm
Good for dag...how is the wee pussy cat's paw?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 05:02 am
Is that me, Deb?

If so, I went back to the doctor this arvo after work & was told that the Xray revealed nothing. "So why such agony?" I asked, feeling like a malingerer. Apparently it's something like tendonitis (sp?) which cannot be seen on an Xray. Anyway now I have a wrist support & anti-inflammatory pills. This is no fun! Sad

Hey, that's good news, dag! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 05:53 am
big fat sympathy to msolga....\\

hoping you figure out the problem and get it to desist...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 05:56 am
Me, too, osso.

If it is tendonitis, I'm told it can take ages to clear up.

Thanks for the sympathy. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 06:03 am
Hmmmm ... is it anti-inflammation or anti-inflammatory pills? All this is new territory for me. Confused
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:26 am
ah yes, tendonitis is a bugger. and it keeps coming back if you're not nice to your wrist. so be nice to it. an the more it comes back, the more scarring there is in the tendon, and the worser it gets. you'll have to use it gently for forever.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:07 am
msolga and dagmaraka, my sympathies to you both. I have had a fluid sac in the palm of my left hand for years now, and the middle finger 'sits' a little bit more forward than the others. The doctor told me it was tendonitis, probably caused by driving an MG (with a four-on-the-floor gear stick) for years. I have been driving an automatic for ages now, so it doesn't hurt any more, in fact I forget about it most of the time. But sometimes I touch the 'bubble' and it 'pops' and it is creepy.

Hope the pain goes away soon for you both.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:59 am
dagmaraka wrote:
ah yes, ... it keeps coming back if you're not nice to your wrist. so be nice to it. ...ou'll have to use it gently for forever.

and Spendius wrote

Quote:
I leave the finnicky taste bud stuff and the status advertising to the ladies who are more discerning than myself. I'm a wanker not a tart.

have you any specific advice for our Spendy Dag?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 02:30:13