WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 04:52 pm
i like sending extremely crass replies to the spam i get on yahoo.

i would copy a few of them here, but i fear it would be mostly asterisks Mr. Green
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 05:10 pm
You mean I am the only woman here who gets penis enlargement spam?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 05:22 pm
I used to - think that was back before I got dsl through my phone company.

Here, for reasons too complicated to explain, I don't have an email address through my phone company but use yahoo - of which I hate their slow as molasses process of reading emails, compared to, say, outlook express...
but yahoo does a good job for me of getting rid of spam almost entirely.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 05:34 pm
littlek wrote:

Nope.

But mine stopped suddenly.

I guess they believe mine is now as big as science can achieve.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 05:44 pm
eoe wrote:
ps-I used to get the penis-enlargement pill spam but that stopped awhile back.

After the success of the treatment, eoe? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 05:55 pm
Just came across this in The Australian. Perfect timing! Laughing

http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5244314,00.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:50 pm
littlek wrote:

Hardly. Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 10:09 pm
msolga wrote:
eoe wrote:
ps-I used to get the penis-enlargement pill spam but that stopped awhile back.

After the success of the treatment, eoe? :wink: Laughing

Would you be good enough to pass on their email address, perchance?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 01:50 am
What if it becomes longer than yr leg Lordy? I don't think you will be able to ride it pogo stick style....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 05:47 pm
This morning the "healthy, vitalizing pill" folk have made their first spam contact. It was just a matter of time, I guess .... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 04:23 am
That little flap of skin on the inside of my top lip between my two front teeth - it's really sore.

x
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:09 pm
I've been a volunteering queen since I quit my job to be a stay-at-home mom about 6 years ago. I've been looking forward throughout to participating in my kid's PTA -- finally, I can both satisfy my volunteering/ do-gooder urges and also directly benefit my kid! And meet fellow parents, and and and...

The first meeting is coming up. A couple of weeks ago, I carefully composed an email to the PTA president explaining that I'd love to be involved but would need interpreters for some situations (and not all). Checked first, yes, it's covered by the ADA. (As in, the PTA is legally required to provide interpreters if requested.) Didn't say anything about that in the email though, just friendly and proactive.

Got a response after a while, sure, they'd take care of that for me.

Whew.

Now just got another response -- actually, no. They "couldn't find" one. (I gave them the number of an interpreter referral agency -- they fill requests, period. If you make the request in a timely manner, it's the standard rate -- if you do it at the last minute [less than 48 hours] it's double that. But they fill the request either way.) They're looking for volunteers.

GRRRRR.

There are very few things I dislike so much as being put between the rock of exercising my rights and the hard place of antagonizing a person or organization I'd rather not antagonize.

Double grrr.

Wrote back a mostly friendly email with a slight edge to it, saying things like,

The idea of volunteer interpreters makes me a little nervous because they're often WAY sub-par -- sweet people, but just not up to the task. (That's why interpreters make the big bucks. :-) )

They did say in the uh not this time email that they're "on board to get an ASL interpreter for any meetings you will attend" so I'll give them another chance before pulling out the heavy artillery.

I just HATE this situation, though. Generic Corporate Giant Screwing Over My Client -- I happily do battle. My own kid's school -- different story.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:15 pm
I have to put new tires on my car this weekend, and tires on my car are expensive. Sucks goat balls.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:48 pm
Well that was short-lived...

I got an extremely apologetic response to my email saying that they'd just put in a request for an interpreter and there was still a chance there would be one -- and then a couple of minutes later, yes, there will be one!

Sounds like the person who was in charge of "getting" an interpreter wasn't sure what was authorized in terms of $$, and that she got the go-ahead.

Whew!!

Pity about the tires, Slappy. (Didn't you just have to do this a little while ago?)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 02:20 pm
At the register of a cute furniture store today, I was buying candles and potpourri on sale at 50% off. The saleswoman rang me up, I gave her my brand new, just replaced debit card (which I'd lost last week) and guess what? It was declined. I had no cash, no checks, so I had to leave my little goodies there. I came home and called the bank only to discover that I needed to activate the card at an ATM, not at a store register like I thought. grrrrrr......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 06:01 am
sozobe wrote:
Well that was short-lived...

I got an extremely apologetic response to my email saying that they'd just put in a request for an interpreter and there was still a chance there would be one -- and then a couple of minutes later, yes, there will be one!

Sounds like the person who was in charge of "getting" an interpreter wasn't sure what was authorized in terms of $$, and that she got the go-ahead.

Whew!!

Good!

And I hope you give them a run for their money when you join, soz!

Pretty sloppy initial response on their part!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:07 am
Five bucks says Soz will be running the PTA within a year.

Cool
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:40 am
Or, wanting nothing to do with it whatsoever. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:45 am
Ha!

It was fun, but now I have a new dilemma -- I'd thought the meetings were only every few months, but they're EVERY month. Do I make them pay ~ $100 every month, or skip meetings, or go without an interpreter...? (I woulda been DEAD without a terp last night, it was a big group and a lot of participation and impossible to see -- definitely glad they came through.)

Eh, I'll figure it out.

Will see if I can find a grant to cover the cost of terps, to start with. That'd be cool.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:16 pm
MsOlga is right, today is another G&G day. When I got to school there was no space left in the employee lot. I didn't know where else to park (2 smaller sections of parking are reseved for visitors), so I parked in an area that is used as a drop off lane. It is basically a paved lane on the side of the road the school is on. When I went out to go home, I had a note telling me not to park there any more. I asked in the office where I should have parked and they told me up in the neighborhood abutting the school. I bet the neighbors like that!

I had library duty again. I grab a classroom full of kids, run them up to the library, read to them for a half hour and bring them back. Then I grab another bunch and do it over. I had 5 or 6 1st and 2nd grade classes. At least I didn't have to one-on-one with either JD at lunch/recess today as they were both out sick.

The day was going super until after lunch when the whole school seemed to start going bonkers. My last reading group was my niece's 1st grade classroom. They were completely out of control. I barely got through the book I started (about turtles - a book with good research material). I had to stop to quiet/untangle/search for/move/etc various kids about a dozen times in 20 minutes. I then pulled out Shel Silverstein to much excitment. I was going to read his poems until the end of the session. I didn;t even get through Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out - not even one poem. One kid was actually getting beind my head (I was twisted in my seat so they could see the drawings and text) and made mimicked me/did bunny ears/etc. This after I had told him to move three times, finally to my side because he was disruptive.

Then, I got home and my sister's dog ran through a pile of her own **** and flung shreds of it out behind her - into the space which I was occupying at the moment. I Dunno if I got it or not. My niece couldn't find any one me. She then jumped up with the poopy paw on me, and then stepped the poopy paw on my foot. Lovely.

I have a cold, I have cramps, I have class this weekend.........what a week this'll be.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 02:31:32