WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:10 am
I hope you have a better day today, k.

Soz, get well soon. Nagging crap like that takes the starch out of you in more ways than one.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 12:36 pm
'k, your day makes my unpleasant day pale in comparison...so I'll keep it to myself. I hope today is lots better.

Soz, I've had asthma for forever. Doctors have always told me to stay away from OTC cough suppressants, but I've rarely had the nagging cough problem you have now. My cough is typically deeper and wheezy and it seems that a productive cough is a good thing, no matter how annoying it is.

I currently take Advair and Singulair daily and an albuterol inhaler as needed. I only use it about four times a year - which is miraculous, given my history. I hope the doctor has a solution for you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 01:14 pm
Thanks guys!

Doc said lungs sound good. I seem to have allergies (not surprising, will follow up), and the bronchitis + temporary asthma created a situation in which postnasal drip from allergies is making it hard to shake the cough. Prescribed Claritin + cough suppressant to get me over the hump. I'm optimistic.

E.G. has asthma and while I've always been sympathetic, this whole experience has given me another layer of empathy -- man it sucks. Thank goodness for Advair and the rest. Glad it's working so well for you, mac.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:26 pm
Typical of sisters, while we are still in a state of ill-ease about pay and hours, we still bonded over the found bunnylings and the sick cat. Yesterday, their puppy dug out a bunny nest, killing one of it's four occupants. The rest still had closed eyes, but had fine hair and teeny tiny white tails (eastern cottontails). When uncovered, they kicked and wriggled, but stayed quiet. Good signs. Some quick research described the nesting and caring habits of the species and we looked for clues as to whether the mamma was coming back to feed them (just twice every 24 hours!). I laid twigs down so that it would show if the mamma had returned over night. The twigs weren't disturbed, but the bunbuns were in deep, full-bellied slumber when I checked this morning.

And then, last night my cat had a low blood sugar (BG) event. I awoke at 7 am (2 hours before I'd normally get up on a thursday) and had to bring him to the vet (after getting him to eat and swabbing his gums with corn syrup). After 1.5 hours at the vet I left 185 bucks poorer and screech left with less blood. I'll have the results back in a day or two. I read the record when the substitute doc was out of the room and I found that his last fructosamine test (in april) showed a lower than optimum BG value. Why the full-time vet hadn't asked me to reduce his insulin then is still under investigation (or should be).

I am exhausted and have another 10 hour day to get through before the weekend starts.

But, mac, your gripes are as valid as anyone else's!!! Though, I have to admit to not posting my gripes in the face of bigger badder posts on this thread.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:20 pm
Thanks, littlek. Mine are just too whiny for posting.

I hope tomorrow flies by for you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:34 pm
Me too...... thanks.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 09:17 am
Some ************ smashed my nana's car window outside my house to steal her disabled badge while I was putting her rollers in. This place is hell on earth.

(I know there are worse places to live in the world but at the moment it doesn't feel like it)
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 10:23 am
Soo know what you mean DP... I too wish I could escape living here. Probably some in-bred youth in a hoody on a mountain bike (nicked). These types of petty crime really affect communities... they make life so hard. No-one REALLY cares about bank robberies... it's the street/petty crime that continues relentlessly, with little investigation by police, that most depresses average people who are just trying to get through life.

x
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 08:04 pm
So I've started the Claritin and cough suppressant and it was helping and I was starting to exhale (the end is in sight!) and then my upper jaw and left cheek area started to hurt and guess what, sinus infection! Rolling Eyes

And sozlet's complaining about a sore throat.

What I choose to take from this is that the Universe is reminding me "it could always be worse," and if I keep complaining about this stuff I'll keep getting another layer of "oh yeah...?"

So I'm gonna stop complaining.

Could easily, easily be much worse. It's all in the category of "annoyance" rather than "calamity."

That sucks about your nana's car, DP, geesh!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 08:08 pm
I have this deal going right now that is a bit unusual. There is no pain or pressure involved, but every once in a while if feels as if my heart is being shredded. Kind of like if you tear a piece of cardboard.

It's a little freaky.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 08:12 pm
A little!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 08:53 pm
Take care of yourselves, ladies.
And by all means DP, take care of Nana!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 04:43 am
Gus wrote

Quote:
I have this deal going right now that is a bit unusual. There is no pain or pressure involved, but every once in a while if feels as if my heart is being shredded. Kind of like if you tear a piece of cardboard.

It's a little freaky.

Are you in love Gus?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 07:50 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

It's a little freaky.

Uh..... seriously?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 08:47 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Gus wrote

Quote:

It's a little freaky.

Are you in love Gus?

Or, losing a love?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 09:14 am
The MOTHER of all hangovers (including several vomiting sessions)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:26 pm
Big Sister strikes again.... After failing to make improvements to my appearance by making quasi-subtle remarks like, "Why did you stop dying your hair?" and "Are you ever going to dye your hair again?", she decided to get more forceful with a, "You should start dying your hair again." I asked her why and she told me it was because I had a lot of grey hair. What the hell is wrong with that woman?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:46 pm
Speaking as a Big Sister, I can tell you why it's bothering her.

Seeing signs of aging in a younger sibling makes us feel that much older ourselves.

Ignore her, though. Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 07:39 am
I keep getting spam encouraging me to buy expensive, vintage watches. (As if I could afford them! Ha!) I block the sender each time only to have a new sender the next time!
(I suppose it could be worse. It could be penis enlargement pills or something ...)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 08:27 am
I've been getting alot of spam too, from credit unions mostly, and various scams from around the world asking to launder money through my bank account.
Where do we report those in particular?

ps-I used to get the penis-enlargement pill spam but that stopped awhile back.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 06/25/2024 at 10:45:19