WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:49 pm
ossobuco wrote:
.... (Plus he took my Mao hat and didn't give it back because he liked it.)
Oh, yeh, and he was sexist, if I remember right.

He took your Mao hat, osso?! What a cheek!
And sexist to boot?
Lucky you! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:51 pm
I still hold a grudge...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 05:53 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I still hold a grudge...

And so you should! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 06:21 pm
msolga wrote:
Not at all nice to pe treated like a first grader when you're paying for the privilege ( & with your weekend, too!), is it? Rolling Eyes Why don't don't some of you bring up the "work on the weekend issue" with the faculty head? There must be folk who simply can't manage to fit it in.

We brought it up with the teacher herself last time we met. She didn't take it to heart. My mother suspects that she's passive aggressive. Last weekend she assigned homework on saturday night and then came in on sunday morning talking about how she went out with friends, got drunk and fell asleep early. We all had gone home, cried and then spent 3 hours alone working on the homework.

I don't know how valid it is to complain about homework in a master's program.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 08:52 pm
Our air conditioning went out again! And our repair people don't work on the weekends.grrrrrrr......
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 02:56 am
littlek wrote:
...Last weekend she assigned homework on saturday night and then came in on sunday morning talking about how she went out with friends, got drunk and fell asleep early. We all had gone home, cried and then spent 3 hours alone working on the homework.

Confused She carried on about getting drunk with friends & still expects to be some sort of respected authoritarian in the lecture theatre? Interesting & unusual approach! Rolling Eyes

Ah well, k, put it down to something you have to do to get from A to B. And thank the goddess that you don't have to put up with folk like this on a day-today basis, forever!
0 Replies

mandarin

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 04:33 am
my idea to toast four pieces of toast when it only fits two failed
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 04:35 am
My hangover...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 05:53 am
smorgs wrote:
My hangover...

Dr Olga recommends a Berocca in a big glass of water & spending the rest of Sunday peacefully & indulgently. Turn off the computer & enjoy yourself! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:03 am
msolga wrote:
smorgs wrote:
My hangover...

Dr Olga recommends a Berocca in a big glass of water & spending the rest of Sunday peacefully & indulgently. Turn off the computer & enjoy yourself! Very Happy

Where would we be without Berocca?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:22 am
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7b/Berocca.PNG

the closest product available here would be this

http://www.drugstorechemist.com/product_images/medium/0/red306.jpg

the best use of this product is not hangover curing, but rather prevention

upon returning home from a night of indulging, two tablets in a large glass of water, followed by one more large glass of water and a couple of tylenol, will ussually set you right in the morning
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 03:54 pm
grrrrr...... that woman! And, we might have her again as our student teaching advisor/seminarist. Please no! So, none of us felt we could be honest in our evaluations. So freekin tired...................

barooca - like alka-seltzer?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 03:59 pm
littlek wrote:

no, a dissolvable multi vitamin sort of thing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 02:31 am
littlek wrote:
grrrrr...... that woman! And, we might have her again as our student teaching advisor/seminarist. Please no! So, none of us felt we could be honest in our evaluations. So freekin tired...................

A big shot of vitamin B (mostly) in the form of a big pill, which goes all pinkish & fizzy as it dissolves in a glass of water. Then straight into the blood stream! Varrrrroom!

Sorry about "that woman", k. Obviously too senior & too entrenched for any complaints to be taken seriously. She is a temporary irritant. Too bad, though ..... Sad
0 Replies

mandarin

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 05:57 am
i changed a picture from 100x100 to 100x80 pixels in the hope of putting it on here, but now its double the size so it won't fit until i remember how to compress a file, which won't happen any day soon.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 10:07 am
friggin' infected hangnail.
feels like i slammed it with a hammer.

any home remedies would be greatly appreciated...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 10:29 am
Soak it in hydrogen peroxide, dry, then put antibacterial ointment on and bandage it up, taking the bandage off at night.

Repeat.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:24 pm
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:45 pm
sorry, eoe.

Last Wednesday I had a appt with my chiropracter. I got there and discovered he was running 45 mins late so I rescheduled for this afternoon. I arrived at 4:00, needing to pick K up 15 mins away by 5:00. I left at 4:20 when I heard him down the hall starting to work on his 3:30 patient. There was a message from him on my answering machine when I got home a few minutes ago telling me he could see me at 5:30. I don't think so.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:09 am
My 45-year-old business partner was beaten up by someone who slipped her a date-rape drug; when she wouldn't 'oblige', he punched and kicked her. This in the most safe of small towns in England (he was from out of town). Good side is that the police are taking it very seriously and think they have enough leads to get him. In the inner cities, they might not have the manpower and might just say 'no bones broken, too bad, put it down to experience'.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 07/02/2024 at 06:55:24