WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

George

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:28 pm
I'm fascinated, but puzzled.
What is it about shoes?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:31 pm
ehBeth?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:32 pm
MsOlga...Shout yourself a great pair of shoes!

<psst - it's msO's birthday tomorrow>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:33 pm
Oh!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:55 pm
George wrote:
I'm fascinated, but puzzled.
What is it about shoes?

Seeing as ehBeth seems to have vanished, George, all I can say is that shoes are a COMPULSION! You see a pair that you MUST have, no matter how many you already own! I honestly have no idea of why this is, but it make a so-inclined woman very, very satisfied indeed! Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 09:29 pm
...there's some things guys just aren't meant to understand..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 10:19 pm
sorry, msO - i'd lost my internet connection for a bit there. either that, or my puter got the wobbles.

shoes, ahhhhh, i could rhapsodize about the feeling of a new, perfect shoe. a shoe that is meant for one very special outfit. a shoe that makes your foot look small and thin and elegant. a shoe that while looking superb, makes your foot go ahhhhhhhhhbabybabybaby. a pair of divinely balanced high heels that doesn't smush your toes. a pair of shoes that you can dance all night in, and makes you want to go out and do just that. ahhhh, the perfect shoe.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 05:54 am
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Razz
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 05:57 am
Men like shoes too !! I just bought 6 pairs from NY - I now have abt 35 pairs of shoes Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 05:57 am
Last time I had a pair of shoes like that was in 1964! Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:48 am
You have more shoes than I do, Gautam!!!

(mumbling)...must go shopping.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:24 pm
Speaking of shoes, last Saturday, I wore my brand new Anne Klein pumps to a Mardi Gras ball. They were so gorgeous and I felt so feminine and girlie in them. Satin ribbons tied around the ankle. After a few hours of dancing and parading, they weren't so comfy but they still looked grand.
Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:28 pm
Ooo, satin ribbons!!

It is with decidedly mixed feelings that I report I have apparently created a fashion monster, already. I was checking out kids shoes at Zappos, and sozlet got on my lap and proceeded to take over. She had very definite tastes. The higher the heels, the better. The pinker, the better. The flowerier, the better. She REALLY liked these:

http://www.zappos.com/images/572/128572/60119-d.jpg

She's THREE! I hadn't expected to get into "you are NOT wearing those..." until she was a teenager...

Luckily, she also LOVED these:

http://www.zappos.com/images/491/7128491/61720-d.jpg

Much better.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:40 pm
The white ones are ADORABLE!
Oh!! How I long to buy clothes for a little girl.
0 Replies

Adele

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:27 pm
hahaha....wait until that 'little' learns about fashion!!!!............aarrggghhh!!! hahaha
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:24 pm
I wouldn't mind a pair of those little whie ones myself! :wink:
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:45 pm
GRRRRrrrrr... I wrote a check to one of those youth group charity magazine subscritpions (the door to door ones) and the two kids PROMISED me three times that the check would not be cashed until March 15 (it was even postdated), well I go to my bank today to check my balance because I have to pay rent, well SURPRISE the check went through before my paycheck did and, while my bank covered it, I still got charged a 30$ insufficient funds fee!!!!!!!!!!Now I'm 80$ short for rent!!!!! Luckily my fiance' got paid too so we won't be late. Now I have to wait until Monday and call them and chew them out and try to get my money back. UGH! Like that will happen. I'll probably just get the run around.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 03:30 pm
That's very disappointing & sloppy, Aldistar. I fully understand why you're grrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ing. You tell 'em! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 06:00 pm
Oh boy! That happened to me recently. Drives me nuts - and the damned financial institution just keeps re-presenting the cheque, and charging you - I fired a bank for doing that to me once.

But - my real gripe is having to go to work soon - and it is Sunday. Waaaaah.

Damn paperwork.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 04:30 pm
Grrrrrr-ing today & yesterday ...
I feel extremely remedial trying to post a photograph from A2K's gallery to a thread. And yes, I have had help through a "testing" thread .... I feel extremely silly AND frustrated. Confused Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/21/2024 at 03:28:56