WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Clary

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 12:09 pm
Bureaucracy! You are SO right, pd! That is just typical of the sort of crap we have to put up with in the interests of uniformity, health and safety etc. Is that in USA, Canada? UK is just as bad. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Sad Mad
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 01:48 pm
My daughter and i were messing about on the bed and she knelt on my "bingo wing" (the floppy skin under the top of my arm) that made me grimace somewhat.

x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 07:04 pm
Not grimacing, just wondering: Is anyone else getting "debug mode" when trying to access New Posts? That's why I'm posting this here - I can't get in via New Posts, etc. But am able to acess threads (& post) through my email update links. Strange.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 07:12 pm
Things appear to be back to normal again.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 07:27 pm
At our company golf outing today, being a regular and pretty good player, got paired with three people who had never played before, in a best ball format. Needless to say, my ball counted for just about everything. It was hotter than snot out there too - not only gritted and grimaced - I about passed out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 07:35 pm
Sympathy to P'dog, that would drive me berserko.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 12:18 am
The puppy (my sister's) can now jump on the counter. She jmped up to break two glass pitchers and knock the little pollywog habitat to the floor. The tadpole who morphed already survived, the other did not. The next day, she got up there again and turned on the gas on two burners (no flame) and also turned on the oven self-clean. By the time my sister got home, the house was saturated with gas and super hot. Her husband went to buy a crate that moment.

That and

Hand, foot and mouth disease..... ugh.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 05:10 am
Oh littlek, that hot oven and all the gas could have been a megadisaster! Good thing the pup's incarcerated for the moment. Only g and g thing for me is the huge amount of money to renew my car insurance. £376.80 with me as sole named driver. It's almost as scandalous as my £580 a year water bill.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 09:14 am
Hi Clary!

my car insurance was £550 for me as sole driver (1.0 engine). But that's what I get for living in the ghetto I suppose.

x
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:26 am
sheesh, either you're very young or, as you say, right in the ghetto. Or both.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 01:42 pm
Our air conditioning went kaput last night. It's 95 degrees here today and the sun is baking my office. Thankfully I'm not up there today and hopefully, I can transfer files and work on my laptop tomorrow but, our bedroom is up there and all we can do is pray that it cools off before bedtime.
Repair people can't get out here before Wednesday.
grrrrr.......... Mad
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 05:16 pm
The cats "meeeeowing" to be fed this morning

x
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:42 am
Well, 10 months and 25,000 miles after buying my car, it needs new tires.

I knew this was coming when I bought it...looking on tirerack.com, a set of tires ALONE, not including mount & balancing, run $800 and up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2006 02:18 pm
I had to drive through tourist hell to get to my vet to pick up animal medicine. Followed a man who was driving his Yukon with his foot out the window and talking on his cell phone. Dodged idiots stepping out into memorial drive traffic. Got to the vet, the door was open, lights were on - no one to be found. I waited 20 minutes, wandering around looking for someone to help me and then left. Came home to find some ditz using up 2 parking spaces in front of my house, had to park around the corner. Called the vet, "why yes we're open". Went back (noticed the ditz leaving her two spots). Dodged more pedestrians walking out infront of me, forced other drivers into their own lanes multiple times. Spent 240 bucks at the vet on meds. Returned to find a different ditz taking up the same two spots in front of my house. WTF?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 01:51 am
WTF, indeed, k!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 12:18 pm
Sounds like one crazy day, K. Driving with one foot hanging out of the window? Why?
Speaking of a foot, I think I've hurt mine. I tripped UP the stairs in my house and this pain went through my foot, along the outside of the sole, took awhile to ease up but that was about three hours ago and now it's burning slightly and aching and I'm a limpin' but there's no swelling so...we'll see. Maybe all it needs is a good soak.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:16 pm
Did a good soak help, eoe?

I get very grumpy when my feet hurt.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:17 pm
Geez, what's with all the foor pain? You ok eoe?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:17 am
A mystery phone caller is causing me some g & g-ing. For around 3 weeks now "someone" has be calling here & either not answering (silence)when I answer, or leaving a silent "message" on my answering machine. At first I thought it was just just folk dialling the wrong number, but it's happened enough times (exactly the same thing each time) for me to think otherwise. Twice today (my day off work) already. What the hell causes a person to do this sort of thing? Confused Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:50 am
I don't know why people do this, Msolga, but I have a solution that works here, use this next time:

http://www.skidmore.edu/administration/business/security/pictures/whistle.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/07/2024 at 08:42:05