WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 02:00 am
I have this feeling, Clary, that you're going to end up living in some other place .... It might not be a bad thing, either! Very Happy Idea

Me & winter? Not a happy marriage! Sad Seriously, it gets me down, the endless grey days & the relentless cold. <sigh> The Weather Bureau tells us that this has been the coldest winter in Victoria in 20 years. It feels like it, too!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 02:10 am
Yeuch! Cold and grey is horrid; I suppose you aren't tempted to move to some sunnier bit of Oz?

Austria seemed to be a very nice place to live, but I speak very little of the language... will have to see where my boys are before I decide anything radical like that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 02:20 am
Leave Melbourne, Clary! Shocked Never! I'm a Melbourne girl through & through! However, yes, winter here is no fun! We ALL whinge like crazy about it! It's sort of a bonding thing, I guess. :wink: Laughing

My crystal ball tells that you will move, Clary. If not to another country, maybe to another bit of England ... maybe to another house in your town or district. But you will keep travelling wherever you live! Very Happy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 02:40 am
You're right about that! If I can get students to live in my house when I'm away, I can afford to do 3 months travelling in the year Very Happy Aren't I a lucky woman!? This ought to be on the 'what made you smile' thread!

Olga, if you're still there - where are your family origins? Eastern Europe?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:08 am
Ukrainian, darling. I come from pure, unadulterated Ukrainian peasant stock! That's the truth.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:14 am
My cousin has just edited a guide to Ukraine and says it sounds really interesting... my next travels? Join me?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:16 am
Wouldn't I love to, Clary! It's this damned problem of $$$$$$! Of which I don't have too much of, since the division of the spoils with my ex!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:18 am
once over, it's MUCH cheaper than Oz.... grrrrrrrr, grrritting my teeth and grrrrimacing about the ex!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 03:26 am
Trust me, it's better finished, Clary! :wink: But I have had to learn to live quite modestly since buying a new home for just me. I'm not utterly miserable about it (Why grimace each day about things you can't change?) but I just wish the parting of ways had come earlier. It would have made a lot of difference to my post-ex life. Oh well .....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 04:57 am
Chai Tea wrote:
littlek wrote:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Gigipix/bedroombybrendan2.jpg

Those aren't feet coming out of a naked girls head...is a dismembered torso...I guess you didn't notice the dead girl on the floor.

The naked girl is next. That's why she's clutching that video to her chest.....some kids have dolls.
Laughing

and what's with the 3 midgets wearing goalie masks?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 06:18 pm
Did you see the other half of the body (the torso) behind the bed? Those goalie masks are there because I didn't ask permission of my cousins to post pix of their kids. AND, the Lucca poster is just that. My mom got it from my great uncle Augie. We don't know where he got it.

Today's G&G was a splitting headache with signs it might become a migraine (haven't had one in 15 years).
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:05 pm
I just read the "Hoping for some input ...." thread, right through! Shocked
I tried to stop myself, really I did, but something made me keep going till the bitter end!
So now I feel all hot & bothered & am grimacing & twitching like mad! :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:10 pm
msolga wrote:
I tried to stop myself, really I did, but something made me keep going till the bitter end!

sad really, very sad.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 09:53 pm
I have avoided that thread. Should I reconsider?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 12:20 am
dyslexia wrote:
msolga wrote:

sad really, very sad.

dyslexia

I'm not sure whether you're commenting on the thread or me!
Me most likely!
Oh well. So it goes .....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 12:28 am
littlek wrote:
I have avoided that thread. Should I reconsider?

I just discovered it this morning, k.

Let me it put things this way: some things haven't changed. We thought they had but they've been simmering away, just below the surface, apparently. If you go to the thread you'll find another version of Pray for our troops under another guise. I guess it's worth doing just to see where things are at. I guess you could call this round 2 of the same debate.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 12:40 am
I am interested in the topic of that thread but can't get bogged down in the mudslinging...

My G&G is that, because today is the first anniversary of the London bombings, the media are milking it for all they are worth, interviews with survivors, relatives, police, suspected terrorists etc. etc, you name it..
I feel that this is EXACTLY what the anti-social elements out there want, and they are punching the air and shouting Yes every time they hear or see references to it. The broadcasters even SAY this sometimes, that publicity is what they are after. It would be much more appropriate and dignified to mention it once, have the 2 minutes' silence by all means, and allow the relatives and survivors to have their services and remembrances in peace.
It has also made everyone jittery about travelling normally in London again, which isn't helpful either.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 12:55 am
No, I'm sure it's not at all helpful, Clary. Sad

But, I've got to say, I'm so impressed with the very civilized & inelligent way the Brits coped with yet another act of terror on their turf, last year. This current ugly period will pass. Newspapers need hot issues, even if they have to create them, themselves. I can understand, though, how all this can get a person down.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 12:58 am
Yes, Olga, I think the old "blitz mentality" is alive and well in London - it's turning into a very nice city to live in, I think, compared to the past. My nephew has started a Guerrilla Gardener movement planting up the ugly areas with colourful flowers.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2006 05:41 am
A Guerrilla Gardener movement, Clary? Tell me more.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 11:19:00