WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:54 am
As an old astrologer once told me, "It's the best game in town!"
0 Replies

littlek part deux

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:38 pm
My computer is broken, my DSl line is taking almost 3 weeks to be established post-move, the apartment is still in disarray. With my sister's too-tiny laptop (is this a good thing!?!) and a patchy connection via my landlady's wireless router, I am having a hard time researching for my 20-page paper due July 2. I got my verizon bill today and they are still chasrging me for my dsl (which I haven't had since June 1st). I called, I raged, nothing to do about the connection - and didn't we give you a complimentary dial-up connection? (have you tried to download a 200 page pfd on dial up?). So sorry. Oh, and you'll be reimbursed for the non-DSL time (oh, really? Why didn't someone warn me that I'd be billed?). Grrrr...... So, now I figure, even if I did call comcast or some such replacement broadband provider, I'd be looking at a week's wait and and 80 buck transfer fee.

Oh, and a2k won't let me in with my old username, hence the 'part deux'. I tell ya, it has been a rotten 2 weeks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:40 pm
Poor baby!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:45 pm
littlek, I just came on here to see who littlek part deux was. I thought someone had stolen your username! I was going to give them a hard time about it! Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:50 pm
Me, too! I'd been missing you around here.
0 Replies

littlek part deux

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:07 pm
Well, I won't be around much for a couple weeks, thanks for peeping, everyone. I miss you all a lot!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:08 pm
Hang in there. Soon, all of this will be a distant memory.
Rejoin us when you can.
We'll miss you!
0 Replies

littlek part deux

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:12 pm
Thanks, eoe. I hope the distant memory thing comes sooner than later.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:14 pm
light colored blouse

no umbrella

heavy rains

crowded area - ungodly # of males hanging about

above avg bust

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

littlek part deux

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:16 pm
Aw, onyx!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 05:16 pm
Jealous small-breasted females watching the males.....priceless. Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 05:55 pm
Coffeehouse Eckermann, on the Andrassy Boulevard, has closed. Abruptly: the other day I was still sitting there, reading the German newspapers at my favourite spot, on the stool at the high table by the window, glancing aside at the dog dawdling on the floor; and now they've already torn everything out, cables and plumbing in a mess inside.

I now remember a conversation I overheard between the owner and a potential investor, in which he fessed up that he had enough money left for just four more months; but that was half a year ago, and the place seemed to be doing OK, so I forgot about it. Eckermann used to be the coffeehouse that went with the Goethe Institute (hence the German papers), but the Goethe moved out to Raday last winter, and ever since, I suppose, the place had struggled. The attempt to "flee forward" (or backward, rather), readopting the name "Harom Hollo" that it had carried before the war (when a famous poet and his colleagues edited a journal of the same name there), must have failed.

Now it looks like there'd never been anything there. No sprawling terrace on the summer pavement. No sign except for some texts, scrawled on the doors; passers-by found some white chalk, and scribbled their regret in between the windowpanes. "Hat, semmi nem marad nekunk?" - is nothing to stay with us?; "szep vendegutast volt" - literally, "it was a beautiful guest-going here".

Friend of Susannah's worked there - wonder if she's out of work now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 06:31 pm
My commute takes me by a wildlife saturated dammed lake system. I've already saved one turtle from the fate of becoming road-soup. Today, I saw a car pulled off into a little pull off with a painted turtle standing squarely behind it, as if it was blocking their exit. I figured it was going to try to cross the road, so I turned and went back just as the car pulled out, squishing it. So, now I have watched a bird and a turtle die in plain view. Wildlife is messy.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 01:47 am
i'm guessing they had no idea the turtle was back there.
gruesome just the same...

thursday morning i was standing in the back of a packed, hot bus that was stuck in a crawl on the mass pike.

upon arrival i was so pissed that i punched a nearby mailbox...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 05:02 am
littlek wrote:
My commute takes me by a wildlife saturated dammed lake system. I've already saved one turtle from the fate of becoming road-soup. Today, I saw a car pulled off into a little pull off with a painted turtle standing squarely behind it, as if it was blocking their exit. I figured it was going to try to cross the road, so I turned and went back just as the car pulled out, squishing it. So, now I have watched a bird and a turtle die in plain view. Wildlife is messy.

Be careful when you save turtles to hold them well away from your body.

I stopped to get one that was at least a foot and a half long off the road, picked it up, and let let loose and peed all over me.

Turtle pee.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 06:23 am
He musta been scared pissless... ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 07:06 pm
Region - I'm hoping they didn't know......

That bus ride sounds awful.

Chai - I knew that was coming (when I moved the turtle last month). They're just like frogs.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:55 am
squeeze n' pee?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:34 pm
Sunday was a nit and grimace day. My niece still has lice (after one round -- 2 shampoos -- of treatment), so my sister and I decided to really look at eachother's mops. We're clean. But as I was getting nit-checked, we noticed my nephew was a little stinky. I pulled the top of his diaper back to peer inside and stuck two fingers in poop. I had to wait for my meandering niece to bring me baby wipes and antibacterial gel. <ick>.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:31 am
Stupid people in crowded trains who dont move from the dorr when the stop comes, making you push and shove to get out....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 03:20:02