WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:35 pm
littlek wrote:
Dlowan - could it be some sort of recurrance from the original bite?

I was coming to winge about seeing a bird get hit and die right in front of me.

The doctor said no.....that in a new place it has to be a new infection.

It's worse today...redder and puffier...and I decided to not work today...but I will give the antibiotics another day before going back (he said if it got much worse to come back...curse and damn the bloody infection!)

Is this part of getting older or some damn thing? Your immune system gets weaker? Sheeesh!

The bird thing sounds horrid......I get really distressed...it's not like they can understand cars and stuff, it seems so unfair.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:36 pm
teeth cleaning at the dentists. 6 hours after it was over, i was still bleeding slightly from the gum. Razz

on the bright side, there's this: thanks to some recent politics threads, i've apparently now posted in 666 threads. if i'd realized i was close, i could have tried to reach this *milestone* on 06/06/06. Twisted Evil

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6660/626/1600/666.0.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:37 pm
yitwail wrote:
teeth cleaning at the dentists. 6 hours after it was over, i was still bleeding slightly from the gum. Razz

on the bright side, there's this: thanks to some recent politics threads, i've apparently now posted in 666 threads. if i'd realized i was close, i could have tried to reach this *milestone* on 06/06/06. Twisted Evil

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6660/626/1600/666.0.gif

Bleeding gums...666......don't sound good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 09:00 pm
I've seen lots of dead animals, but have seen very few in the process of dying. This one, I thought it would make it - it looked like the car (on-coming to my point of view) just sort of pushed the air current it was using to fly. It landed right in front of my car. I stopped dead in my tracks and the car behind me didn't even honk (unheard of in these parts). I wanted to give it a second to fly away, but after a few seconds I drove on and looked in the rear-view - it was not moving anywhere. <sigh>
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:19 pm
Jeez! Deb

I take my eye of the ball for a minute nd you're into strife again....

and this time, nose first!

When will you learn!
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 11:32 pm
dlowan wrote:
Bleeding gums...666......don't sound good.

feel a lot better after devouring tofu; just the thing for bleeding gums. Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 12:26 am
margo wrote:
Jeez! Deb

I take my eye of the ball for a minute nd you're into strife again....

and this time, nose first!

When will you learn!

Yeah...I'm not hqppy, Jan.

This sort of thing keeps up I'll be cutting off my face tp spite my nose.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 01:19 am
dlowan wrote:
I've got cellulitis again! In my NOSE!!!!

Oh no!
I confess I don't really know precisely what cellulitis is & what causes it, but it doesn't sound good, Deb. And to be infected in one's nose! You poor bunny. I hope having the day off has helped. And the long weekend, too. Rest!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 06:14 am
Sounds as though our rabbit has a strep infection from that white tailed arachnid. keep us apprised of the situation, honey.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 09:04 am
Today cos today is ****.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 09:17 am
nimh wrote:
Today cos today is ****.

Shocked

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((nimh)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2006 09:20 am
Nothing, absolutely nothing...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 01:27 am
nimh wrote:
Today cos today is ****.

I think you might be right there, nimh. Today does indeed feel like ****!

Francis are you always happy?
You on drugs or something? :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 01:42 am
[size=7]& where can I get some, Francis?[/size]
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 02:46 am
Almost always!

My only drug is the love of life, msolga...

But that's rarely understandable..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 03:04 am
Or....love is the drug?

[size=7]T´ain´t no big thing
To wait for the bell to ring
T´ain´t no big thing
The toll of the bell
Aggravated - spare for days
I troll downtown the red light place
Jump up bubble up - what´s in store
Love is the drug and I need to score
Showing out, showing out, hit and run
Boy meets girl where beat goes on
Stitched up tight, can´t shake free
Love is the drug, got a hook on me
Oh oh catch that buzz
Love is the drug i´m thinking of
Oh oh can´t you see
Love is the drug for me
Late that night I park my car
Stake my place in the singles bar
Face to face, toe to toe
Heart to heart as we hit the floor
Lumber up, limbo down
The locked embrace, the stumble round
I say go, she say yes
Dim the lights, you can guess the rest
Oh oh catch that buzz
Oh oh can´t you see
Love is the drug, got a hook in me
Oh oh catch that buzz
Oh oh can´t you see
Love is the drug for me

ANd....like we didn't know this....

Love is the drug, scientists say

The brain can give itself a natural high
Being in love is physically similar to the buzz of taking drugs and also has withdrawal symptoms, an expert on addiction has said.
Dr John Marsden says dopamine - the drug released by the brain when it is aroused - has similar effects on the body and mind as cocaine or speed.

"Attraction and lust really is like a drug. It leaves you wanting more," the National Addiction Centre head said.

His findings will appear in a BBC programme to be broadcast next month.

Pounding heart

"Being attracted to someone sparks the same incredible feelings no matter who you are. Love really does know no boundaries," he said.

According to Dr Marsden - a chartered psychologist - the brain which processes emotions becomes "fired up" when talking to someone it finds attractive.

The heart pounds three times faster than normal and causes blood to be diverted to the cheeks and sexual organs, which causes the feeling of butterflies in the stomach, he says.

However, as with cocaine and speed, the "hit" is only temporary, though it can last between three and seven years, he added.

Perfect partner

Dr Marsden's research for the BBC's Body Hits series suggests people look for similar features to themselves in a partner as they are searching for characteristics in their mother and father, who have already successfully raised a child.

"It might look like we are all after the perfect partner to wine and dine but underneath, our animal instincts are seeking out an ideal mate to share our genes with."

"We tend to go for the smell of somebody who has a very different immune system and that stops you fancying your family.

"Our biology drives us to find a perfect compromise between sameness and difference and we strike that balance all the time when it comes to choosing faces and smells," he said.

Sex trap

The research also suggests sex is booby-trapped to make partners bond.

"Your body has evolved over millions of years with one aim - to go forth and multiply, so while having kids may not be on the agenda just yet your body has a few tricks up its sleeve to drag you in that direction," he said.

According to the research the more two people have sex together, the more likely they are to bond.

"We all know you can have sex without falling in love but if you have enough sex with the same person there's a good chance you will hit the body's booby-trap which is there to tip you head over heels into love," said Dr Marsden.

"So your body goes all out to make you bond with your partner and that makes love highly addictive and the withdrawal sucks."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3236328.stm

[/size]
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 03:19 am
Interesting, nonetheless, Deb...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:10 am
Francis wrote:
Almost always!

Lucky you! Very Happy

I don't know that it's rarely understandable. I'm quite envious, actually!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:28 am
Francis wrote:
Almost always!

Ah, there are TWO of us!

Life is good.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 10 Jun, 2006 08:31 am
Isn't it, Botticelli lady? :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 05:24:41