WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

littlek

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:17 pm
J_B - that'd do it! But, this time it's just a couple kids.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 04:41 pm
Littlek has kudies...Littlek has kudies. Let's all point and laugh!

So you in the clear or what?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:08 pm
nimh wrote:
Whoever, whenever, decided that, in the luxury patisserie of a classic hotel, people would rather want to listen to an easy-listening rendition of Madonna's La Isla Boonita than to, say, classical music, or Louis Armstrong or something?

OK, so after hearing this doowop singing group playing harmony ballad renditions of Abba songs on a local festival the other month (they're called "Abba Jazz", I saw a poster), and the easy-listening renditions of not only La Isla Bonita but I Will Survive as well the other night, the overheard-song-of-tonight takes the biscuit.

Cafe Manana was playing a CD of this Frank Sinatra-style crooner, big band orchestation included, playing covers of pop and rock songs. Culminating in a crooner/big band rendition of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:18 pm
Slappy, I didn't actually have them. Somehow, only my niece did.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 07:23 pm
littlek wrote:
Slappy, I didn't actually have them. Somehow, only my niece did.

Can't fool us, Little k(ootie).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 08:24 am
heehee! It's true! She often shares a bed with her mom and brother, everyone uses the same brush and no one there but her got them. I was convinced I had them for a couple days, but I don't.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 04:36 pm
The laughter of the lady in the cubicle next to mine, which sounds like the grinding of the gates of hell.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2006 04:23 pm
Its raining! How come its ******* raining? Its been raining for three days now, and its June! What is this, Holland??
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:59 am
I've got cellulitis again! In my NOSE!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:24 am
Oh no...!

This was what totally knocked you for a loop after the brown recluse bite, right?

What's the treatment, antibiotics?

Feel better soon!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:30 am
sozobe wrote:
Oh no...!

This was what totally knocked you for a loop after the brown recluse bite, right?

What's the treatment, antibiotics?

Feel better soon!

White tail...and yes.

Yes, antibiotics...six courses last time. Hospital with antibiotics in a drip if oral don't work....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:32 am
Ack.

Sending powerful sic' em antibiotic-boosting vibes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:33 am
Thankee...frankly I'm a bit worried...I work in a hospital...perfect place to find MRSA.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 07:37 am
They have that new antibiotic now:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75211

Hmm, still in trials though.

Keep us posted, I'm sure you'll be fine but I'll enjoy knowing that.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:09 am
Good grief. I had no idea that Deb had been bitten by a brown recluse. Shocked and I was going to complain about the increase in postage.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:17 am
She said it was a white tail spider, not a brown recluse -- that was Setanta. I knew that they'd had similar problems in the past, I couldn't remember if it was the same kind of spider for both of 'em or not.

Here's the white tail spider:

http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/white_tailed_spider.htm

Gack.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:22 am
Letty wrote:
Good grief. I had no idea that Deb had been bitten by a brown recluse. Shocked and I was going to complain about the increase in postage.

Lol! You complain about postage to your heart's content!

We don't have brown recluses.....all this stuff about our poisonous beasties, and you guys have them...and bears and guns and stuff....

Oh, and this is my NOSE! That was my ankle.

Nothing that I know of bit my NOSE!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:31 am
There was a black widow spider in my garage a week or so ago. Nice. That's where most of my 25 cartons of books still are...

Deb, sorry about the new cellulitis event. Sending some more antibio across the water..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 06:25 pm
Dlowan - could it be some sort of recurrance from the original bite?

I was coming to winge about seeing a bird get hit and die right in front of me.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2006 08:29 pm
I have a friend who was bitten on her breast by a spider and it really did a job on her. She was hospitalized for several days and needed serious recovery time afterwards. I think they had to take a small piece of her breast as well. It was horrible.

I just knew that my client, upon realizing yesterday after I called that they were delinquent on a check due me would overnight it but dammit, they didn't and I am brrrrooooke. I. NEED. MY. MONEY. grrrrrr....

maybe tomorrow?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.2 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 07:36:01