WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:58 pm
littlek wrote:
Evil or Very Mad lice Evil or Very Mad

What sort and how many?

(Thanks for your thoughts folks...today I eat again!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:11 pm
Head lice. My neice definitely has it. We can't quite tell if anyone else does. All in her family are doing the RIT thing and washing bedding, etc. But we think I don't have it. Do I RIT anyway?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:13 pm
you don't have it. what's RIT? i think you're a-okay. (but i'll sleep in the office for a week!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:18 pm
RIT makes a line of products to deal with lice (and bedbugs). I brought home a kit (furniture spray, shampoo, de-nitting gel, comb). I sprayed the back seat of the car (where the kids sit) and the couch they sat on last week to watch movies (yes, THAT couch.....sorry). I am washing their carseat covers and my bedding. I think I will skip the shampoo part......
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:29 pm
Surprised ACK Surprised

... we'll be all fine. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:30 pm
(now...the thought that the homeboy left with lice is not untempting though...)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:39 pm
Dasha, you have wonderfully beautiful hands.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:40 pm
old farmers cure for lice--kerosene.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:42 pm
info for 26 millions vets was lost - some jerk took home a laptop and usb drive
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 06:44 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
you don't have it. what's RIT? i think you're a-okay. (but i'll sleep in the office for a week!)

Dag and littlek sleep together.

As Paris Hilton would say, "that's cold." Or something.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 05:29 am
littlek wrote:

We called them "nits" when I was in primary school, k. Oh the shame, the stigma if one caught nits! Shocked The very worst thing, it was!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:19 am
msolga wrote:
littlek wrote:

We called them "nits" when I was in primary school, k. Oh the shame, the stigma if one caught nits! Shocked The very worst thing, it was!

Worse than ringworm?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:22 am
dlowan wrote:
msolga wrote:
littlek wrote:

Worse than ringworm?

Absolutely!

Once I actually cried because the teacher insisted I sit next to Ronny A, a known nit carrier! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 06:32 am
.... & then got the dreaded kerosene drench & fine tooth comb treatment (OUCH!!!) when I caught the damn things, along with the rest of the school. Nits were serious!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 08:20 am
We call the eggs nits, but the adults lice/louse. So, Silvi can't go to school until she is nit-free. After 7 straight hours of laundering, shampooing, combing, etc, my sister found 30 plus nits on her this morning. The whole family is staying home and I am going over to help..... loverly.

There's a stigma here as well, even though thew school niurse is constantly saying that getting lice is like catching a cold. No worse. Right.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 08:23 am
Nasty.

I only got a minor gripe right now: I keep tuning in to webradios advertized as punk and getting emo. Christ. Farkin college radio stations.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 09:13 am
Life...and everything abt it..
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:58 am
Oh, prince, don't be like that, life is soo sweet...

Shall I come to London and entertain you?

x
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 10:59 am
...I promise not to give you nits! Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 11:04 am
littlek wrote:

There's a stigma here as well, even though thew school niurse is constantly saying that getting lice is like catching a cold. No worse. Right.

One good way to alleviate the stigma is to have a massive outbreak (not a suggestion, just an observation). A few years back our elementary school had to cancel it's holiday music program because the lice was so prevalent they were afraid to hold a gathering that would bring more people into a confined space. It was close to winter break, we were all encouraged to wash or discard all winter headgear, combs and brushes while they fumigated the entire school during the break.

The stigma was gone once it became an epidemic.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:55:18