WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

Clary

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 03:20 am
Thomas wrote:
After nibbling on some Wasabi-covered broad beans, I used my Wasabi-covered hand to rub my right eye. Let's just say I don't recommend it. Evil or Very Mad

Just had my first wasabi-covered bean yesterday and I don't recommend that, either. My mouth is as sensitive as your eye, it seems!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:32 am
Dang, littlek, hope the weekend is restorative (and that your nephew grows out of the door-locking phase!)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:28 am
Coming into work after a 10 hr flight and a 2.5 hr journey from airport to home
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:47 am
Having got one thing fixed and then finding out another is broken. Evil or Very Mad

Hey, Prince. Where have you been?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:13 pm
Hiya Prince!

I forgot to mention the clogged toilet and blown water heater. At least all that happened at my sister's house and not mine.

Tonight's commute home was made a mess due to Tuft University's graduation biz. I realize every year how stupid I am for following my standard commute route. I pass through or near to 4 universities in 1/2 an hour.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:27 pm
I am suffering from the worst gastro bug I have had in decades.....no details, of course, but suffice to say that I am miserable and exhausted.

Now risking water....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:33 pm
dlowan wrote:
I am suffering from the worst gastro bug I have had in decades.....no details, of course, but suffice to say that I am miserable and exhausted.

Now risking water....

Oh, poor, poor bunny! Sad

(I was wondering about your absence last night.)

Be very, very nice & gentle with yourself. (Not that you have much choice, poor thing! Sad )

Do you have any idea of what caused it?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:35 pm
Clary wrote:
Thomas wrote:
After nibbling on some Wasabi-covered broad beans, I used my Wasabi-covered hand to rub my right eye. Let's just say I don't recommend it. Evil or Very Mad

Just had my first wasabi-covered bean yesterday and I don't recommend that, either. My mouth is as sensitive as your eye, it seems!

I love Wasabi, Clary!
Interesting isn't it?: one person's poison ...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:36 pm
No...I felt a wee bit off colour the last couple of days....but not very.

Then, last night around ten, I went from feeling hungry, to full, to overfull...to all hell breaking loose!

Ther eis a nasty bug going round that has hospitalized a number of kids, because they need re hydrating....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:43 pm
Ah, I see!
It sounds like one of the hazards to working with many children! (I know about that one, Deb! You catch everything going around!)

So there's nothing for it but to lie low, drink lots of liquid to hydrate yourself & wait for your strength to recover?

I hope, at least, you have the energy to at least read a bit, or watch the odd video? But most likely you'll be sleeping a lot.

Aw, not fair! Sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:13 pm
Oooh, that sounds awful, dlowan. Do you have Gatorade or an equivalent? Supposed to be good for rehydration, better than plain water.

But whatever liquid you can keep down is good.

Take care...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 06:07 am
dlowan wrote:

Now risking water....

Here's hoping there's been some improvement today, Deb!
Come back very soon! We miss you! Sad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:47 am
Yikes, dlowan, I hope you feel better pronto!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:21 pm
Whoever, whenever, decided that, in the luxury patisserie of a classic hotel, people would rather want to listen to an easy-listening rendition of Madonna's La Isla Boonita than to, say, classical music, or Louis Armstrong or something?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 03:58 pm
Thanks Soz, Msolga and Little 'k.....just attempting a coffee!!!! progress!

Only, the thought of easy listening Madonna (or almost any Madonna, really, anywhere) in the milieu described by NImh may well cause a relapse.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 02:47 am
Coffee is indeed a sign of improvement, Deb. That's good!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 09:05 am
[mother mode]It's not particularly hyrdating, though[/mother mode]

Glad things are looking up!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 10:51 am
sozobe wrote:
[mother mode]It's not particularly hyrdating, though[/mother mode]
Huh? Why not?

Much belated sympathy and best wishes do dlowan. Glad things are getting better.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 11:10 am
Coffee is a diuretic -- though when I just looked that up to confirm, it seems like it is much more mild of a diuretic than previously thought.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:30 pm
Evil or Very Mad lice Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:07:15