WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:25 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Sheesh, wimmin think they are nicer.

We don't just think it, we KNOW it! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:26 pm
LOL...no, the hierarchy thing is fascinating.

There is a triumvirate - informally - and two of us will be away at the same time, for a while. We had a very interesting discussion about it yesterday.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:28 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Sheesh, wimmin think they are nicer. But niceties are work. Wimmin's are just more high maintenance.

"You haven't complimented me for new behind-the-ear makeup! No soup for you today!"

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnnnnnnn.....scratches bum.......inspects fingernails....oh! sorry, were you STILL bumping your gums together about that? I was sure you must have got bored, too......I'll listen now, really I will.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:29 pm
Soup? Ha!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:31 pm
dlowan wrote:
LOL...no, the hierarchy thing is fascinating.

There is a triumvirate - informally - and two of us will be away at the same time, for a while. We had a very interesting discussion about it yesterday.

So you're seeing the ugly, ambitious side of your co-workers, D? Not a pretty sight, is it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:37 pm
LOL! NO, not at all!!!!!!!!!

There is only one person yearning to be king, and he is on the very bottomest rung of the hierarchy, cos he is not very competent.

Nobody wants to be up there - it's a pain. We all have way too much to do, and the informal hierarchy means as much work as if you were part-time boss. It determines who people come to when they need help/decisions etc. I guess it has its benefits, too - everyone wants to have an influence, I suppose, and be regarded well - but, except for the one person, our team is sooo not like that. When the boss goes away, it is "oh ****, I suppose it has to be my turn to do it, dammit...." It is really a very equal team.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:41 pm
So what's putting everyone off, then? Extra work, extra responsibility ...?
Or just liking things the way that they are & not liking change?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:07 pm
Who said people are put off?

They don't want me to ge because they like me, and they'll miss me!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:19 pm
dlowan wrote:

sheesh, what an ego Laughing

are you sure they are not giddy with happpines that you may/will be leaving? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:40 pm
Yeah - that sounded way bad, didn't it? I was just trying to disabuse Msolga of what seems to be a persistent misperception I have caused.

But, dammit - they ARE sad!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:41 pm
...and, that makes me happy....in a weird way...heehee.....slinks off...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:46 pm
dlowan wrote:
[I live a life of outrageous purity and I felt quite ready to take on the week....

Yeah!!! Since when??? Shocked

dlowan wrote:

They may miss you now - but their aim will improve. Thery'll get you soon enough! Twisted Evil

All's going ahead with the new job then?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 08:50 pm
Today being a Monday like Tuesday (holiday yesterday so..it just doesnt seem worth it sometimes)
The boss coming back from almost 2 weeks of sun and fun
New computer set up and program sorting

and #1 on my list today
Finding out that the garbage I threw into the can this am contains the UPC code I need to redeem a $30.00 rebate....and how I will have to go get it, and convince myself to go through it...like tomorrow-cuz going to get it is about as much as Im willing to do tonight but, I cant convince myself to give up the cash to come in 2 months.

sigh

Just let me know when its Friday, all should be better then...at least I can hope so.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 08:58 pm
icky
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:02 pm
yeah..wheres those rubber gloves Mom used to keep around anyway???

Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
My mom never kept those around. I didn't really see those gloves in action until relatively recently.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:06 pm
Shocked really?
interesting
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:08 pm
yep. I can't wear them while washing, cleaning, gardening - hate them. I suffer! hehehe
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 12:14 am
dlowan wrote:
Yeah - that sounded way bad, didn't it? I was just trying to disabuse Msolga of what seems to be a persistent misperception I have caused.

But, dammit - they ARE sad!

Of course they'd be sad to see you go, Deb! You'll be sorely missed, I'm certain. Life at work will be much more tedious & less fun, for starters. Sad
Why did I think you were persistently saying something else, I wonder? Confused
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 09:06 am
okay--one of the local alley cats decided to hash it out with a skunk at my back door last night. Not sleeping, not being able to smell, my cats gone buggy....
TGIF is all I can say.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/20/2024 at 11:52:55