WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

cavfancier

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:50 pm
Wow....384 e-mails, all spam. That made me grimace and grit my teeth. I think I almost have fangs now.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:10 pm
I hate when that happens, Cav. I am being inundated by advertisements by Jewish singles recently: they are the only pop-up ads that manage to impregnate my pop up stopper aegis, and I get hundreds of damned emails, asking me whether I want 'a Kosher shag...'

0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:41 pm
George wrote:
Time to face reality and make an appointment with my friendly neighborhood orthopaedic surgeon.

Yikes - George - there ain't no such thing here!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:31 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I hate when that happens, Cav. I am being inundated by advertisements by Jewish singles recently: they are the only pop-up ads that manage to impregnate my pop up stopper aegis, and I get hundreds of damned emails, asking me whether I want 'a Kosher shag...'

Amazing! Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:38 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I'm sick to death of it.

I want to retire.

And I can, I could just walk away.

But I won't, and for the life of me don't know why.

Craven

Are you serious?
I'm worried about you.
This DOES NOT sound like you!
Are you trying to do too much?
Is A2K taking up too much of your time?
If so, slow down for a wee bit & have some fun, relaxation & romance! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 05:10 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Well, depending on what you want to walk away from, could be because you want to eat - or because of your essence.

If you are serious, can I offer a brusque slap? (in order to avoid any hint of the hated warm crap.)

Semi serious, it's the twilight of a three-day weekend and I'm feeling too old to keep working. Since I'm only 23 this does not bode well.... Doesn't much bode well at all.

Grrrr - people who make me all worrited and such about them when they are mostly kidding - mind you, it's a crap job you got yerself....but what were you up to to make you feel THAT old...hmmmmmmm....? I live a life of outrageous purity and I felt quite ready to take on the week....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:24 am
Wimmin worry too easily. The rat race blues are common... I'm told.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:31 am
msolga wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:

Amazing! Shocked Laughing

I know; it's quite a phenomenon. I only received about thirty of said messages today, so they might realise that I do not crave a Kosher shag. Up until then, whoever sends these things must have thought that I was playing hard-to-get.

I once knew a guy who worked as a sender of explicit text messages to random sad cases; poor him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:32 am
Fer sure.

Used to sing this little ditty to myself over and over ("to myself" meaning "in my head", else I would've been shot.)

I don't want to go to work!
(I don't want to go to work)
I don't want to go to work!
(I don't want to go to work)
I don't wanna
I don't wanna
I don't wanna
No no no no
(reprise)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:34 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Wimmin worry too easily. The rat race blues are common... I'm told.

No, we're just more caring & thoughtful than men. Very Happy
Yes, I've had the rat race blues myself .... Time for a "mental hygiene" sickie, Craven. A day of freedom does wonders. Even if it is just an illusion.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:49 pm
I get guilty when I have one of those days - go to work more frazzled the next day! THAT makes me grit my teeth!

And I will have to work most of the weekend - and I know I will STILL be way behind in preparing to move to my new job!!!! And I am being forced to waste most of the morning today attending a compulsory propaganda session for the new outcomes measuring stuff that we are all going to have to do (which is quite methodologically flawed).

Like - we HAVE to do it - no question - so why the smeg waste my time telling me how wonderful it is, when I have no choice? Anyway, I have no problem with outcomes measures - I amn't resisting. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:50 pm
The days of freedom is what gets me. During the workweek I'm fine. It's the day before I have to go back to work that's the pits.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:52 pm
Yep - that'll do it every time.

I remember one job when I actually used to cry before I went back when I had had a holiday.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:58 pm
Wimmin!

I just need one rant every blue moon, wimmin need icecream and tears.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:12 pm
dlowan

I can relate to your gripe!
Outcomes, clients, productivity measures, world's best practice (practise?) ..... Oh I hate it, I hate it! Evil or Very Mad
So much time & energy is wasted on this nonsense when what you're actually doing is working with people!
Are you getting jittery about your new job?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:17 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Wimmin!

So we shouldn't respond with tea & sympathy, Craven? We do this naturally because we're so understanding, empathetic & an downright nice! :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:17 pm
GETTING!!!!! I have been in a blue funk ever since I said yes. Getting to the pointy end now - terminated with three clients yesterday....people have started discussing who will move up in the informal hierarchy.....still 200 files to close...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:18 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Wimmin!

Quit yer whinging - yer damn lucky you dinna get a whole lot of hugs - and THEN the fur would have flown...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:22 pm
Sheesh, wimmin think they are nicer. But niceties are work. Wimmin's are just more high maintenance.

"You haven't complimented me for new behind-the-ear makeup! No soup for you today!"
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:22 pm
dlowan wrote:
GETTING!!!!! I have been in a blue funk ever since I said yes. Getting to the pointy end now - terminated with three clients yesterday....people have started discussing who will move up in the informal hierarchy.....still 200 files to close...

No wonder you've been hitting the plonk, dlowan! Laughing
Sounds awful.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 09/20/2024 at 09:21:33